Remote Issues with New iPhone Version

moviefan

moviefan

Remote is unusable for me in the latest iPhone App....

- If I try to play to the xbox one using it nothing happens at all.  This works fine via Safari.

- I don't see the Chromecast icon in the remote send to options as others indicate I should, even though in the Chromecast app it shows as ready to cast.

foghat

Not sure about chromecast, though others have reported it works well with the new app.

The remote stopped working with the old version of the app as well.  Best guess is a server change killed it.  Unfortunately it did not get addressed in this latest release.

• 2 weeks later...
macaddictr

I have been trying to use remote with classic in windows media center and it does not work. However I was able to use remote from the browser. I can't seem to make remote work for anything from the phoen. 

• 2 weeks later...
Swynol

same here, was working. can no longer use the remote on MBT or Roku. If i try to 'play to' nothing happens. but it does from a browser like safari or chrome for iOS

• 3 weeks later...
swindmiller

Just curious if anyone is working on this...took me a while to realize I wasnt doing anything wrong but it was broken in the app :)

I can use the web browser for the time being but was just curious if it was being worked on.

The app is awesome otherwise...keep up the good work!

Edited by swindmiller

darwindeeds

There are plans to update the app to 2.0 but we will supply intermittent fixes until then. The current focus in on the iPad app release.

• Like 1