100Mb?

ernstgot

ernstgot

Android TV app doesn't hold the 100Mb setting, I have it set to 100Mb in options and play a video and it goes to 3Mb if it set it to Auto it goes to 1Mb. I have to play the video then go to Quality and set it to 100Mb there.  This is much of a headache, I do have the server and AndroidTV hard lined with 1Gb switch.  Any ideas??

Can you please explain exactly why you think it is not "holding" the setting?

ernstgot

When I go to settings after selecting a video it shows Quality (1Mb/s) not 100Mb/s.  and secondly if i go to stats for Nerds it shows the following: (by the way this is with the settings inside of the main options page set to Auto)

video resolution is 720x405

Bitrate: 1.88Mbps

Max bitrate setting: 1Mb/s

Transcode speed: 70fps

Now when I go in after I start the same video and manually switch the Quality to (100Mb/s) this is what the stats for Nerds shows:

Video resolution: 3840x2160

Bitrate 100.00Mbps

Max bitrate setting: 100Mb/s

It doesn't show transcode speed

If I place the setting within the main apps setting to 100Mb/s this is what I get when I play the same video: 

Quality (3Mb/s)

Video resolution: 1280x720

Bitrate: 3.5Mbps

Max bitrate setting: 3 Mb/s

Transcode speed: 66.00 fps

By the way this video has the following native:

Video resolution: 3480x2160

Total bitrate: 54.329Mbps

frame rate 23fps

So I have to manually switch it every time I play a UHD video to 100Mb/s, what are the thoughts?

CBers

Changing the "Quality" setting in the OSD during playback, will only set it for that playback, not permanently.

In the "Playback Settings" menu, do you have "Max Streaming Bitrate" set to "100 Mbits/sec" or "Auto" ?

Which device is this on?

Which version of the app are you running?

The device is hardwired?

Can you repeat the issue and then send in-app logs for EBR to review please.

Also supply server logs just in case.

See How to Report a Problem to do this.

Yes, the menu during playback is only for that one session.  Also, it will be limited to what makes sense for the content (i.e. it wouldn't show you options above the actual bitrate of that content).

ernstgot

I get that it shouldn't give 100Mb/s for a video with a bit rate of 5Mb/s but I have the above video with 100Mb/s but it defaults to 1Mb/s, my network speed is well above 100Mb/s so unsure as to why it drops to 1Mb/s if even if withing the Playback Settings of the App settings I have it set to 100 Mbits/sec.

At this point we are all just guessing.  We'll have to look at a specific example with the information requested in the link CBers posted.  Thanks.