Win 8 issues

ThePaladinTech
Go to solution Solved by 7illusions,

ThePaladinTech

Similair to my windows phone issues -

Several of the methods for getting to a show do not work.

selecting 'next up' throws me out of the app, back to the start screen.

Selecting a series from the 'all' view throws me out of the app ... back to the start screen. I don't even get a chance to select a show.

selecting a show via 'in progress' or 'new episodes' works but it stops to buffer a lot. Plex doesn't do this with the same video on the same device.

I'll try to get you some logs tommorow morning 12+ hours away.

onemoredave

Apart from the buffering issue which is the server ignoring the streaming requests (known issue and getting fixed up) I'm not experiencing any of those issues on my MCPC, desktop, toshiba encore or surface pro 2.  I can access, all, new or next up without any issues. 

What does ring a bell though is that when I first set up my server I was getting "kicked out" of the app when I selected certain shows.  It turned out that any show which did not have the episodes organised into their own seasonal folder (i.e. season 01, season 02) would crash the app.  Even when there was only one season's (or less) worth of episodes.

I'm not sure if that's helpful but it might give you a place to start looking.

7illusions

If I can get the applog for the crash it would be great.

You can find it by bringing out the charms menu, click settings -> logs.

in order to find the correct log, it might be wise to clear the logs first.

(same place, just scroll to the bottom of the list and press the "clear logs" button)

The buffering is solved in next release which will be pushed to store as soon as I've gotten the logs and fixed the issue. :)

ThePaladinTech

What does ring a bell though is that when I first set up my server I was getting "kicked out" of the app when I selected certain shows.  It turned out that any show which did not have the episodes organised into their own seasonal folder (i.e. season 01, season 02) would crash the app.  Even when there was only one season's (or less) worth of episodes.

I'm not sure if that's helpful but it might give you a place to start looking.

That probably has a lot to do with that problem! thanks

If I can get the applog for the crash it would be great.

You can find it by bringing out the charms menu, click settings -> logs.

in order to find the correct log, it might be wise to clear the logs first.

(same place, just scroll to the bottom of the list and press the "clear logs" button)

The buffering is solved in next release which will be pushed to store as soon as I've gotten the logs and fixed the issue. :)

I'll send you the logs shortly - thanks!

ok here are the logs-

Sequence: 3
Date/time: 2014-03-28T13:48:52.4881328+00:00
Level: FATAL
Thread: 3
Logger: Application
------------------------
The application crashed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
------------------------
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MediaBrowser.Helpers.BaseItemDtoHelper.ConfigureVideoOptions(BaseItemDto item, Nullable`1 subtitleIndex, VideoStreamOptions& options)
   at MediaBrowser.Common.MPlayer.GetStreamUrl(BaseItemDto item, Int64 startTime, Nullable`1 audio, Nullable`1 subtitle)
   at MediaBrowser.Common.MPlayer.<Play>d__12.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Common.MPlayer.<PlayItem>d__2.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Views.Video.PlaybackPage.<navigationHelper_LoadState>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__4(Object state)
   at System.Threading.WinRTSynchronizationContext.Invoker.InvokeCore()
------------------------
Session: {"PackageArchitecture":"Neutral","PackageFullName":"436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_1.2.0.30_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackagePublisher":"CN=CA9FBA89-9B8C-4501-9177-37B89E41D3FF","PackagePublisherId":"77hd5e1v1hqs4","PackageResourceId":"","PackageVersion":"1.2.0.30","InstallationId":"1adf3369-5fe9-49a7-bc0b-9495b9073950"}

Sorry didn't see a way to attach the log file to this post...

This time I went to "Next Up" and chose "The amazing Race 24x04 - Smarter, Not Harder"

Edited by ThePaladinTech

ThePaladinTech

If it's useful I've given Scott the WP8 app developer access to my server... you could access it as well if you need.

• Like 1

7illusions

Great! Thanks a lot.

I'll get the details from @@ScottIsAFool then since we are roughly in the same timezone and I intend to push to store today.

• Solution
7illusions

Sorry I didn't post here as well. With the latest update this should work fine, I wasn't able to reproduce this issue with the new code.

Just make sure you got the latest release.

• Like 2