Emby for Kodi Issue saving resume points/watched status

stevemalso

stevemalso

Hello,

My resume points seem to be resetting when ending playback. After playback the prompt to resume appears with the correct time however upon selection nothing occurs. If I return to the main menu of Kodi and then re-enter the movie section, the resume point will be cleared. However, if I playback videos through Kodi's movie widget, the resume function works.

Here is a video and log file of these occurrences.

https://streamable.com/tkjp7

https://paste.ee/r/6xh5l/0

Software:

Emby for Kodi Version 3.0.26

Kodi Krypton

paulmorabi

I had the same problem and came on here to see if was reported. In my case, I restarted Kodi and Emby server and it seems to be fine.

stevemalso

I had the same problem and came on here to see if was reported. In my case, I restarted Kodi and Emby server and it seems to be fine.

That would be a dream come true if that solved my issue. I've tried installing Emby Server on different PCs in addition to running Emby for Kodi on different devices running Kodi. Made zero difference. The devs have avoided this thread, guessing it's over their heads. When playing a movie, Emby Server doesn't even show a video playing, I'm guessing that might be the cause. Perhaps Emby doesn't gel well with STRM files that call on an unrelated Kodi addon, a Google Drive addon in my case.

Angelblue05

Looking at your log, there doesn't seem to be a resume point assigned to the strm file.

I can see your attempts to resume, but can you clarify when you say nothing occurs, do you mean that playback doesn't even start? And that is from the movie library, not widget?

I'm also not seeing the usual log lines that indicates progress for playback is being tracked by Emby.

When you play, does it show up under Active Devices in Emby? The resume point you are seeing could be created by Kodi itself if emby is unaware playback is happening. That could explain why resume is not working correctly. Let me know if that is the case. There's a good change I can fix this.

Edited by Angelblue05

stevemalso

Yep, playback doesn't start from within the movie library. Nope, my device does not appear as an active device in Emby when playing media. Cheers for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
Angelblue05

Have you updated to the latest emby for kodi version 3.0.30?

Edited by Angelblue05

stevemalso

Have you updated to the latest emby for kodi version 3.0.30?

Unfortunately it's even worse on that build. Movies get marked as watched when I stop them 1/4 through to test the resume support. Can no longer resume through widgets either.

Edited by stevemalso

Angelblue05

You are using a strm files that points to a plugin path. Since the path contained in the emby strm is not the path that will be played, the add-on has no way track playback.

However, you said that you see a resume point, and then it is reset? Is that correct?

stevemalso

You are using a strm files that points to a plugin path. Since the path contained in the emby strm is not the path that will be played, the add-on has no way track playback.

However, you said that you see a resume point, and then it is reset? Is that correct?

That is correct. A resume point with the correct seek time is created upon video closure but clicking on it just returns me back to the movie library. As mentioned before, the resume points wouldn't reset on the Estuary skin Movie widget in the previous build and I could successfully resume back to where I left off.

Edited by stevemalso

Angelblue05

Then something must have been broken back then where the add-on couldn't overwrite the status of the file, because this has never worked. If it did, then your server too had the resume point for your strm files? Highly doubt that. :)

The add-on is overwriting the status after playback ends. Kodi creates the resume point and Emby overwrites it. I will see if there's a way to fix this behavior. It doesn't currently work as intended because your strm contain other plugin paths. If your strm contained the final path to play, then you'd have no issues.

Edited by Angelblue05

stevemalso

Then something must have been broken back then where the add-on couldn't overwrite the status of the file, because this has never worked. If it did, then your server too had the resume point for your strm files? Highly doubt that. :)

The add-on is overwriting the status after playback ends. Kodi creates the resume point and Emby overwrites it. I will see if there's a way to fix this behavior. It doesn't currently work as intended because your strm contain other plugin paths. If your strm contained the final path to play, then you'd have no issues.

Yeah, must've been broken as my server didn't register resume points. The Emby plugin overwrites it.... I see, that makes sense now as to why they're wiped.

• 2 weeks later...
Kodi_Newcomer

So i have the same problem. But in the past it works great. I extrat strm files with an Kodi plugin to the Emby Server. When i Play it can see the Action in the settings tab from the Webinterface from the Server.

post-190077-0-26172100-1530091643_thumb.png

After Stop there is for one Seconds the resume Symbol after this the Episode is marked as Watched. When i Play the Video 3 Seconds it IS marked as Watched.

But what i sayed in the past it works fine.

Edited by Kodi_Newcomer

happpyg

Same issue here, was all working fine and broke a little while back, still trying to gather logs.   Only happens on Kodi devices, resume from Emby Web always works properly.

• Like 1