Request section for users

thekingswolf

thekingswolf

add a link by Home and Favorites called Requests where users can add imdb links for movies and shows they want added to the library.

I went and looked at the home.html page thinking maybe I could do a simple modification there and add my own html pages, but i'm not sure where the data source is it is pulling the index from?  For example from the home page, the div's are like so:

<div class="tabContent pageTabContent" id="homeTab" data-index="0">
        <div class="sections"></div>
</div>
<div class="tabContent pageTabContent" id="favoritesTab" data-index="1">
        <div class="sections"></div>
</div>    

where is that data-index file located?  I just want to be able to add another entry there and include my own pages in the server for leaving admin messaged for users on things recently changed on the server, and for what i requested above, so users can request things to be added to the library.

Edited by thekingswolf

CBers

add a link by Home and Favorites called Requests where users can add imdb links for movies and shows they want added to the library.

Try Ombi.

• Like 1

thekingswolf

interesting.  a little clunky but I like it so far.  documentation needs work.  

thekingswolf

i still would like to at least be able to modify my home.html page to add a link to my Ombi server.  where is that data-index?

Mibok

i still would like to at least be able to modify my home.html page to add a link to my Ombi server.  where is that data-index?

Organizr could help you with that, in fact Organizr have integration with both Emby and Ombi

thekingswolf

is Organizr another user?  I've got Ombi set up and working, and it seems cool and all.  I am having an issue with it giving a message if a user is requesting something already in the library, but other than that it works fine if I want this command prompt always running in the background.  I'll figure something out.  Mostly I want to be able to modify the html pages of the Emby gui to add a link to whatever solution I come up with so it is integrated into the server for ease of use.  it looks like it might be javascript stuff which I am not familiar with.  if it's not html or C# i'm not sure how to modify it just yet.  

Mibok

is Organizr another user?  I've got Ombi set up and working, and it seems cool and all.  I am having an issue with it giving a message if a user is requesting something already in the library, but other than that it works fine if I want this command prompt always running in the background.  I'll figure something out.  Mostly I want to be able to modify the html pages of the Emby gui to add a link to whatever solution I come up with so it is integrated into the server for ease of use.  it looks like it might be javascript stuff which I am not familiar with.  if it's not html or C# i'm not sure how to modify it just yet.  

Organizr is another web based software, it's creates something like a Web Portal where you can setup "tabs" so you users can access easily to the services that you choose. The advantage of Organizr is that it can be linked to Emby so your Users can use the same credentials that they normaly use in Emby.

thekingswolf

yeah i checked it out it looks cool.  I'm gonna wait until after i get my nginx set up and working.  having a bit of trouble getting it set up and i don't want to have to reconfigure Organizr once i do

Edited by thekingswolf

pir8radio

yeah i checked it out it looks cool.  I'm gonna wait until after i get my nginx set up and working.  having a bit of trouble getting it set up and i don't want to have to reconfigure Organizr once i do

You can use nginx to rewrite and inject HTML real time within emby without having to edit the emby html's and get them overwritten every time it updates.   I use it to inject links and tracking code I use on my emby server. 

• Like 1