Auto Box Sets plugin has caused issues I can't fix

Jonny67

Jonny67

After using this plugin I ended up with many collections which was nice. I needed to free up space to add new movies so I deleted a lot of old stuff and added new stuff. After doing this I re-scanned my library but now I could no longer use Collections. Each time I browsed to Collections, Emby froze and I had to restart it via my QNAP NAS. After a few times doing this I realised that something was wrong.

So I did the following...3 times with same results...

1. Stop Emby via NAS

2. Start Emby via NAS

3. Enter Emby/Dashboard

4. Go to Plug Ins / Uninstall Auto Box Sets

5. NAS / Stop Emby

6. NAS / Start Emby

7. Emby / LIbrary / Remove Collections

8. NAS / Stop Emby

9. NAS / Start Emby

At this point my Collections library has gone and all links to collections have gone. Browsing to all movies and playing them was fine.

Collections is empty

I then started adding movies to new collections again as if for first time....but...all collection names are still available as a choice but worse of all after only adding 3 movies to one collection ALL my collections appeared again and once I enter said Collections Emby froze again. It's as if Emby has not actually deleted my OLD collections but re-using a faulty cached one.

What can I do?

Jonny67

I was thinking about deleting the collections.xml file (if there is one) to cure this so where exactly is the file. I can SSH into my QNAP so I just need the location. 

Each collection has it's own, so deleting a collection would have the same effect.

Jonny67

Thanks. I found the folder location just now anyway so I deleted the whole lot. I'm now starting from scratch and NOT using the Auto Box Sets plug-in.

• 2 weeks later...
Jonny67

Just to give you an update, I wanted to replicate the issue so I did the following:

I removed the Auto box sets plug-in and removed the collections library.

I restarted Emby.

SSH into my QNAP.

I deleted the collections folder.

I installed Auto Box sets plug-in.

Restarted Emby.

Let the plug-in generate the Collections.

Emby froze as soon as I clicked on any of the Collections.

As this clearly doesn't work for me I removed everything again and setup my Collections manually and all is well.