Amazon, Netflix Support ?

Kodi_Newcomer

Kodi_Newcomer

Hey there,

maybe there is a way you can add netflix and amazon streams tOo in the library, like kodi do it ? When i have a amazon and netflix account, i can connect with it to the stream and watch it within emby. So trakt will work an for all media one interface.

Greet's

• Like 1

Kodi_Newcomer

Puh, i dont know. There are 2 addons in Kodi, they can do that how it works, dont know. Maybe there is something how has a idea off it.

Hi.  No, sorry, we won't be able to do this unless they publish an API to allow access.

I'm not saying that will never happen but these companies want you using their apps to access their streams because that allows them to track and market to you.

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

Netflix used to have an API that allowed this.  Now they don't.  It's a safe bet that they aren't going to add it back in the future.  That means this can't be done by the Emby team.

dnabryant

I am not sure if I can reference another product here or not, but I use PlayOn.TV to record movies and TV from Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and my current cable provider.  I am using Emby to organize all of that content.  Emby and PlayOn together is an excellent combination.  

• Like 3

Kodi_Newcomer

I am not sure if I can reference another product here or not, but I use PlayOn.TV to record movies and TV from Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and my current cable provider.  I am using Emby to organize all of that content.  Emby and PlayOn together is an excellent combination.  

Hm i think thats no legal or is it ?

arrbee99

I should imagine if it wasn't legal Netflix, Amazon, Hulu would have sued the, erm, buttocks off them years ago.

• Like 1

Yes, as long as you don't distribute the result, PlayOn is basically a DVR.

Kodi_Newcomer

But is it right, that the recorded files are maximum 720p ? That is what i have read on the site.

Yes, as long as you don't distribute the result, PlayOn is basically a DVR.

So when i stream it in my house, and use it only for me, then its all ok ?

Edited by Kodi_Newcomer

Pelon

But is it right, that the recorded files are maximum 720p ? That is what i have read on the site.

So when i stream it in my house, and use it only for me, then its all ok ?

It is a maximum of 720p and also just stereo.  Keep in mind that this is actually a screen (with audio) capture, and not a copy of the stream. It will record the video as it would play in a browser in a computer. That means that sometimes the controls do show in the video.

arrbee99

It is a maximum of 720p and also just stereo.  Keep in mind that this is actually a screen (with audio) capture, and not a copy of the stream. It will record the video as it would play in a browser in a computer. That means that sometimes the controls do show in the video.

And also it'll record any blockiness you might get as the stream begins and if there's a glitch you might get that spinning circle in the middle of your recording as well.

dnabryant

Pelon - This has not been my experience with PlayOn. I have PlayOn set to record from several sources, and the playback experience is exactly as though I'm watching it directly from Netflix, Hulu, or whatever the source is.  I've never seen playback controls appear as part of the video, and I've never seen the spinning circle in the middle of a recording. But this forum is about Emby, not PlayOn :-). 

Pelon

Actually going back to the OP, with the playon plugin, you can access content from Amazon/Netflix and others, without having to record it. This won't  track that status, but will allow you to view the content.

You can use a Chrome extension like Trakflix to sync the status back to trakt

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
mastrmind11

Interesting.  Widevine is a google product, and is actually used _by_ Netflix for the DRM.  I wonder what that plugin is doing under the hood.  Maybe I'll dig into the code if I have some spare time this weekend.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
edejaeger77

Interesting.  Widevine is a google product, and is actually used _by_ Netflix for the DRM.  I wonder what that plugin is doing under the hood.  Maybe I'll dig into the code if I have some spare time this weekend.

Hello !

Did you found anything "under the hood" ? :)

I am interested in :)

Thanks

Eric