Question about movie grouping

fonzie
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I believe right now it should be displaying the whole file name, right?

sparkplug188

-Luke Those screenshots are current as of a few hours ago.

Server Version 3.4.1.0 Stable, Docker

Client Chrome 66 Web Interface, Linux

sparkplug188

Jake- It happens automatically during a library scan.  The file/folder naming must be correct.

jaketame

Jake- It happens automatically during a library scan. The file/folder naming must be correct.

Hmm, not mine... but I’ve got split folders cause I have two separate Radarr instances

/data/media/movies4k/Example/example 2160p.mkv

/data/media/movies/Example/example 1080p.mkv

sparkplug188

Jake- Check out the links in funwithmedia's post for details on how to set up your file/folder naming for version grouping.  I don't think it will work with separate folders.  You may be able to accomplish what you're trying to do by merging your movies into one folder structure with different permissions for the 4k movies and run the two Radarr instances as different users.  That solution will definitely require an in depth knowledge of how permissions works.

Each version must begin with the folder name, followed by " - " or brackets " [720p] ". If this requirement is not met, they will be treated as separate videos.

Hmm, not mine... but I’ve got split folders cause I have two separate Radarr instances

We don't currently group movies automatically. They will either need to be in the same folder and follow our naming conventions, or they need to be grouped manually in the UI.

jaketame

We don't currently group movies automatically. They will either need to be in the same folder and follow our naming conventions, or they need to be grouped manually in the UI.

Thanks Luke... Is this something thats coming soon?

So if they files are in the same folder then it will auto group the movies following the correct naming convention?

Happy2Play

Thanks Luke... Is this something thats coming soon?

So if they files are in the same folder then it will auto group the movies following the correct naming convention?

Yes if you use the naming convention shown in post #11, pulled from the wiki.

Note the spaces on both sides of the hyphen.

• Like 1

jaketame

Dang... Shame Radarr doesn't work like that!

Happy2Play

Dang... Shame Radarr doesn't work like that!

Might want to request they add that renaming option if they don't have it. Edited by Happy2Play

jaketame

Night want to request they add that renaming option if they don't have it.

It has renaming however you can only download either 1080p or 2160p via one instance of Radarr, so i've got two instances pointing at two separate locations otherwise they will clash and think the file has been downloaded already.

naeonline

It has renaming however you can only download either 1080p or 2160p via one instance of Radarr, so i've got two instances pointing at two separate locations otherwise they will clash and think the file has been downloaded already.

This is one of the reasons I love using DrivePool.  I can still access the underlying drives so in this case I could point Radarr (1080p) to a set of drives (D:\Pool..x..y..z\Movies; E:\Pool..x..y..z\Movies) to use and Radarr (4k) to another set of drives (F:\Pool..x..y..z\Movies; G:\Pool..x..y..z\Movies) and this would work because the pooled drives would have them show up together under the same folder (N:\Pool..x..y..z\Movies) for Emby.

Looks like you are using *nix OS given you are using / instead of \ and I'm not sure how to do this with *nix drive pooling software, but its most likely possible.

mgray88

What about the bracket option? what are the spacing requirements for that? and does it only allow specific values inside? does it have to be at the end of the filename, or can it be right after the year?

This is what I have right now, and it treats them separately:

Jumanji- Welcome to the Jungle (2017) [BLURAY-720P][X264]-X0R.mkv
Jumanji- Welcome to the Jungle (2017) [BLURAY-1080P][X264]-SPARKS.mkv

I believe if you remove the -xor and -sparks suffixes and then run a scan, then it should merge them. Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

mgray88

I believe if you remove the -xor and -sparks suffixes and then run a scan, then it should merge them. Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

That worked, thanks! I switched them to:

Jumanji- Welcome to the Jungle (2017) [BLURAY-720P][X264][X0R].mkv
Jumanji- Welcome to the Jungle (2017) [BLURAY-1080P][X264][SPARKS].mkv

• 5 weeks later...
dual-o

Where is this function in the UI?

Happy2Play

Where is this function in the UI?

It is a Multi-Select option.  Hold Right Click until option appears, select the media and click the three dot button top right.

dual-o

It is a Multi-Select option.  Hold Right Click until option appears, select the media and click the three dot button top right.

yeah. I have found it.

Is there a way to edit the names of the entries?

thanks