Add cooking content from themealdb.com

jachin99

jachin99

I think this would be useful because I use my media center in every room, including the kitchen via the Emby Web App.  Because Emby has an android & IOS client, and I personally use my devices to look up recipies all of the time, I'm wondering how others would feel about including recipie content in their Emby library.  To me this makes sense because it helps tie your mediacenter into your living room or home by giving Emby a practical use,  If your lucky enough to have a fridge with a web browser on it, it could be a way to just show off what emby is capable of.  There is already a small database on Themealdb.com, and I think including this kind of content in emby can be really useful.  If I'm nuts, or i'm the only one who thinks so ignore my post but if not, then vote for it!!

• Like 2

Sammy

I'm down.. Yup. Record Mexico One Plate at a Time and then go search the recipes a lot to make what was on the show. Sounds like a good Idea and easy to incorporate..

jachin99

Maybe you could group recipies into collections next to things like music also.  So if your celebrating taco tuesday for instance, you can play some start a spanish playlist, and bring up your favorite taco recipie.  Maybe even tell your google home or alexa to play collection taco tuesday and have it all be automatic.  I havent messed with collections, or the google home too much yet for Emby but I'm just throwing out ideas.  You could do the same thing for American night, or play something italian for spaghetti night.  I bet plex can't do that. 

• Like 1

Dibbes

I built (or maybe assembled, however you want to see it) a touch screen PC from old stuff laying around and put it in the kitchen. This would nicely fit in... :)

jachin99

To be clear, if there is another site with an api to get recipies from, that would be just as good.  I figured themealdb was a good start because its probably setup for something like this.