Sort Movies and Shows by Date Added with Time Lord

Sammy

Sammy

I use Time Lord because I do like my library sorted by release date / aired date but can it be possible to do this and retain the date added to the library too? This makes it easier to find new content added to the library but was released / aired at an earlier date.

TIA

It's not "date added with timelord", it's just "date added". So whatever is in the date added field.

Sammy

It's not "date added with timelord", it's just "date added". So whatever is in the date added field.

IIR, TimeLord changes the file date and that's what Emby reads to sort by date, no?

Is the date added to my library something still in the MetaData? Can I search by this but just didn't know it? If that's the case, the FR is fulfilled already.

Whatever timelord is doing is something you could also be doing manually in the emby metadata editor.

I think if you eliminate TimeLord, you will have what you want.  The file dates will remain so you can sort by date added and you can also sort by release date.

Sammy

So why does TimeLord exist? Does this plugin predate sorting by release date or added date in Emby? I just checked it out (didn't realize it existed already) on my phone and sure enough I can sort by date added or date released natively and this apparently ignores TimeLord. TimeLord only moves newly added items away from the Suggestions ==> Latest * if the release date is considerably older than the add date.

So why does TimeLord exist? Does this plugin predate sorting by release date or added date in Emby? I just checked it out (didn't realize it existed already) on my phone and sure enough I can sort by date added or date released natively and this apparently ignores TimeLord. TimeLord only moves newly added items away from the Suggestions ==> Latest * if the release date is considerably older than the add date.

I think you know more about the plugin than we do. I think you will need to consult with the developer of the plugin.

Happy2Play

The plugin just changes the Date Added field to the same as Premiere Date.

So adding really old movies are sorted in their actual release date instead of with current release.

• Like 1