No Subtitles option

Nickneo

Nickneo

Hello guys, I'm new to emby.

Just installed emby server on my RPi3, trying to play on my Android phone, i can playback fine, but cant find anywhere the option to load subtitles.

Searching the forums find a tip to "advanced playback", but cant find this option either. Where is the subtitles options?

thanks in advance

ps: the video files are ok, all of them with moviename.srt files.

Hi, you can turn on subtitles during video playback. Have you tried that? Tap the CC icon.

Then perhaps your subtitles are not named correctly. Can we see a screenshot of the movie folder on your file system for this movie? Thanks.

Nickneo

Sure, here goes the screenshot. Just saying, testing on VLC and Plex, everything goes fine.

post-316630-0-52777500-1527089827_thumb.png

Edited by Nickneo

Nickneo

Ok, tried to run the library scan, and looked at logs, saw the ffmpeg missing. As I don't want to transcode anything (I prefer a message error), thought I could just not bother. Just in case, i have installed and properly configured ffmpeg and I'm rerunning a library scan.

edit: after ffmpeg and antother scan they appeared just fine in emby mobile for android. thank you very much!

any way to get subs without transcoding via DLNA? Waiting for tizen app launch in Brazil.

Edited by Nickneo