Android TV resume support for external player?

densma
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

densma

Is it possible to support resuming from last played point when using external player Like VLC?

I notice VLC works better for me than Emby built-in player. an example I can play Opus/DTS Audio directing but internal player forces Remux or transcoding.

I don't have the receiver with this setup. VLC works better but the only issue is losing virtual play memory on resume

While it's technically possible to do this, we'd generally prefer to spend that time improving the built-in player. Have you reported your issues with that in another topic?

• 2 weeks later...
densma

I'm sure this setup will work if I use a capable receiver to handle audio. I tried Mx player and resume/pause is supported. even though it prompts to resume but always start from the beginning. enabled pass direct path but only VLC is available for playback.

built-in player does not seem to support direct streaming Opus. I prefer direct stream/no remux with Opus audio. I have other issues too like crashing with DTS-HD audio which all works well with VLC external player. 

Does emby built-in player support Opus direct stream?

Does emby built-in player support Opus direct stream?

In what container?

• Solution

Okay, can you join the beta and then test this with the new beta release that should be available later today...?

• Like 1

densma

Okay, can you join the beta and then test this with the new beta release that should be available later today...?

Thanks. This is resolved with the new beta