Playback issues on Linux /w webbrowsers

eemeli

eemeli

I don't really know what logs to append here but this happens to me with both firefox and chromium (as shown in attatched screenshots.)

Screenshots speak for themselves but basically during normal use I don't get all the contorls in playback and when i exit with the arrow next to emby icon on top left I get this weird fullscreen playback that I can't quit without reopening emby.

I tested this on two servers 3.4.1.5 and 3.4.1.0 and doesn't happen on windows.

post-279386-0-40483000-1526845964_thumb.png

post-279386-0-37298900-1526846047_thumb.png

eemeli

Yes this is what firefox shows.

I sensored remoteaddress and accesstoken on line 17

edit: file attatched here doesn't even try to playback (my bad)

embyjslog.txt

Edited by eemeli

Are you sure you tried to play here? it doesn't even look like there's a playback attempt here.

eemeli

Can you try Chrome?

Didn't work either. Have you encountered anybody else with anything similar?

My installation is a fairly bare arch installation so is it possible something is missing? It's just browser player so it shouldn't, right?

I've tried the same servers on other devices and work fine on what I've tested with: widnows, android, chromecast.But not on any browser on my linux installation on any browser I've tested. ( haven't tied other linux based installations)

I haven't seen anything like this before. Do you need to install an h264 decoder?

eemeli

I haven't seen anything like this before. Do you need to install an h264 decoder?

I mean it plays the video but the player just has messed up controls and continues to play in the background. The video itself looks fine. So it's not a decoding problem.

I haven't had any or atleast not visible problems with any other site. I tried with ubuntu and manjaro and it works just fine. Even reisntalled my system but same thing remains.

I don't think it's a missing package but you never know. Browser has all the javascript stuff packed in if I'm correct. So it's would be weird for this kind of render bug to be caused by a package. Escpecially if it's not global.

dcrdev

I mean it plays the video but the player just has messed up controls and continues to play in the background. The video itself looks fine. So it's not a decoding problem.

I haven't had any or atleast not visible problems with any other site. I tried with ubuntu and manjaro and it works just fine. Even reisntalled my system but same thing remains.

I don't think it's a missing package but you never know. Browser has all the javascript stuff packed in if I'm correct. So it's would be weird for this kind of render bug to be caused by a package. Escpecially if it's not global.

I'd say it's either a package issue, or maybe the resolution your viewing it at - that screenshot looks rather small.

I'm using Chrome stable from the Official Google RHEL repo on Fedora Rawhide and it works well.

eemeli

I'd say it's either a package issue, or maybe the resolution your viewing it at - that screenshot looks rather small.

I'm using Chrome stable from the Official Google RHEL repo on Fedora Rawhide and it works well.

I found a old harddrive which had about a year old arch installed worked there. Well this might be what I get for using such rolling distro. Well I guess I'll need to switch to plex for sometime.

I would really appriciate if somebody using arch replied if they have it working with latest updates.

eemeli

OK, I'm all out confused. That old arch installation I mentioned (I didn't update anything) there it worked fine with chromium but messed up the same with firefox.

Edited by eemeli