Display little video resolution labels on movie posters

cnstarz

cnstarz

I think this would be quite useful for someone like me who keeps multiple different resolutions of the same movie.  When on my home network, I like to direct play 4K movies; when streaming remotely outside my home network, I like to direct play 1080p or sometimes 720p depending on the speed of my connection.  Currently, the only way to identify the resolution of the movie before playing it is by actually going to the movie details page and scrolling all the way down to see the media info.  These little labels would eliminate that entirely as they would allow you to instantly see the resolution right from the search page or the home page or the item's page.  Here's a mock-up of what I'm referring to (the little labels in the upper-right hand corner of the posters):

FnUp0Nf.png

I imagine not everyone would want this option enabled, so there could be a section in the mypreferencesdisplay.html page for each user profile that can enable/disable this option for that user, and in the server admin panel there can be a section that enables/disables this option globally, sets default settings for each user, and can even override all of the users' preferences, and maybe even let the user/admin specify the positioning of the label on the poster (IE: upper-right corner, lower-left corner, etc.).   

I apologize if something like this already exists somewhere else -- I couldn't find it if it does. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

MndWrp

You can probably achieve something like this by using the Cover art plugin.

However, since a few server versions ago, you can group all these into one entry and select the resolution you want to play on the fly, in most emby apps.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk