Play .strm filmes on Emby

lepitismak

lepitismak

I made some files (.strm) on kodi.

At kodi this is run perfectly.

how i can setup it to run on emby?

i have folder with .strm files.

La.Casa.de.Papel.S02E01.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP2.0.x264-DUAL.WWW.COMANDOTORRENTS.COM (1).mp4.strm 

is a example

anyone can help me?

• 1 month later...
gtmnyc

is there a setting on my server that should set so that .strm files play the first time and not have to get to the error msg, click yes, then wait another while and the file to start? thanks as always

is there a setting on my server that should set so that .strm files play the first time and not have to get to the error msg, click yes, then wait another while and the file to start? thanks as always

Hi there @@gtmnyc, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Can you please go over an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

gtmnyc

Hi there @@gtmnyc, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Can you please go over an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

when playing strm files on my lap top all files play right away, but when playing the same files on my shield the the searching circle will start, then about 5 0r 6 sec the info for the movie will appear. then about 5 sec will pass and the will show a playback error on screen. "is the current item exhibiting a playback problem like no video or audio? yes/no"  i click yes and all the info appears back on the screen only this time the time/ seek bar displays the duration of the movie. 3 secs later it plays..... it only dose this on android, pc is fine and all the strm files i have tried play in kodi if that means anything. so i was wondering if there was a setting i should be selecting.. thanks

Edited by gtmnyc

when playing strm files on my lap top all files play right away, but when playing the same files on my shield the the searching circle will start, then about 5 0r 6 sec the info for the movie will appear. then about 5 sec will pass and the will show a playback error on screen. "is the current item exhibiting a playback problem like no video or audio? yes/no"  i click yes and all the info appears back on the screen only this time the time/ seek bar displays the duration of the movie. 3 secs later it plays..... it only dose this on android, pc is fine and all the strm files i have tried play in kodi if that means anything. so i was wondering if there was a setting i should be selecting.. thanks

@@gtmnyc, thanks for the info. Can you please follow the process at the bottom of the page here to submit an in-app log from the android tv app?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks !

• 11 months later...
Guest keithcq71

Is this still possible? I am confused . I can create strm with g drive . Do I input the the direct url in notepad and save it as the name of the movie ? 

EODCrafter

I have but Im confused. I create with g drive but the manual aspect is confusing 

Streams won't Play that are created with GDrive or Kodi because Emby won't use that plugin to Play it and if you look at Stream File. it requires it....

plugin://plugin.googledrive/?action=play

• 2 months later...