convert questions

MisterAngelus

MisterAngelus

I was playing with the new convert option and  I set to 8mb in the profile selection under TV universal and the file came out to the exact same size as the original and the original is 13mb   I went under custom and set it and that seems to be working

Also at the moment I don't seem to be able to save the output file to anywhere but the original files location?

Also it seems to ignore the subtitle file (.srt) that's embedded into the original file will that  be able to be embedded into the output file at a later release?

and will you be able to specify file format mkv instead of mp4?

You already can. Please read the help text underneath the options.

Also it seems to ignore the subtitle file (.srt) that's embedded into the original file will that  be able to be embedded into the output file at a later release?

Can we go over a specific example? thanks.

MisterAngelus

Ok Cool I did not have the folder sync option installed... I was using using the right click convert option

Thanks. Eventually we will probably merge the two features to make it more intuitive.

MisterAngelus

Ok I did a little more playing with the folder sync /convert feature first I selected profile universal TV then I i selected under quality I selected 8mbps it said sync job created didn't do any converting.. just said ready to transfer

so i'm not sure why that didn't work

I did the exact same thing this time selecting under quality selecting original quality still no change hit sync .. no conversion just the ready to transfer dialog box

so this time  I  did the exact same thing only under quality I selected custom  and selected 8mbps and hit sync and it started converting to mp4 ... the resulting mp4 had no subtitle like the original did

and i haven't figured out how to output as mkv yet

So what am I doing wrong

Edited by MisterAngelus

Hi, nothing ! The conversion runs as a scheduled task. If you just be patient it will run on it's own.

jasonmcroy

You already can. Please read the help text underneath the options.

Luke, where is this option? I read the text and I don't understand how that explains how to choose MKV or MP4. The only options on the drop down is Universal Mobile or Universal TV which both result in MP4. 

Here is my screenshot:

post-106-0-67611500-1526959331_thumb.png

Robert X. Gonzalez

Luke,

I have been using the convert since implementation and like others in this thread have experienced similar issues.  What concerns me is that invoking a convert on a folder results in all .mp4/.mkv/.ts being converted.  I did that initially and it just tied down my server and had to delete the queue's.  Converted files play correctly!  Can the following be done:

1- For a folder or even Movie and TV main folder, allow convert to just convert .ts files vs. everything?  I can convert others manually if I deem necessary.  Options should be convert all, only .ts etc.

2- Have the option to auto-delete the .ts file once the .mp4 or .mkv is created (although the .mkv option is not visible to me).  This is killing me most as it duplicates hard drive space and have to take a bit of time to delete the .ts files once converted. 

3-Also, help files associated with new features .... can they be updated to reflect the enhancements.  That would really help me and perhaps others too. (that I know will take time). 

Robert

Luke,

I have been using the convert since implementation and like others in this thread have experienced similar issues.  What concerns me is that invoking a convert on a folder results in all .mp4/.mkv/.ts being converted.  I did that initially and it just tied down my server and had to delete the queue's.  Converted files play correctly!  Can the following be done:

1- For a folder or even Movie and TV main folder, allow convert to just convert .ts files vs. everything?  I can convert others manually if I deem necessary.  Options should be convert all, only .ts etc.

2- Have the option to auto-delete the .ts file once the .mp4 or .mkv is created (although the .mkv option is not visible to me).  This is killing me most as it duplicates hard drive space and have to take a bit of time to delete the .ts files once converted. 

3-Also, help files associated with new features .... can they be updated to reflect the enhancements.  That would really help me and perhaps others too. (that I know will take time). 

Robert

Please create individual feature request topics in order ensure these ideas don't get lost in the shuffle within this question and answer thread. Thanks !

Luke, where is this option? I read the text and I don't understand how that explains how to choose MKV or MP4. The only options on the drop down is Universal Mobile or Universal TV which both result in MP4. 

Here is my screenshot:

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2018-05-21 23-17-22.png

Ok it's sharing features with sync, so when it says mkv/mp4 it means that those are the target formats, and if conversion is required, it is converting to mp4.

jasonmcroy

Ok it's sharing features with sync, so when it says mkv/mp4 it means that those are the target formats, and if conversion is required, it is converting to mp4.

Ok. I guess you mean if you have the folder sync plugin installed? 

jasonmcroy

Ah, I see. I never had that plugin installed or have used it before. 

• 1 month later...
prasasumeet

Does anyone know how it actually works? 

Good to have the feature but no set guides on how to do it, I have tested the conversion with 'original media folder next to original file' but nothing has popped up there, it does say 'ready to transfer'

step by step instructions be good on how to use it properly :) 

Does anyone know how it actually works? 

Good to have the feature but no set guides on how to do it, I have tested the conversion with 'original media folder next to original file' but nothing has popped up there, it does say 'ready to transfer'

step by step instructions be good on how to use it properly :)

I'll answer you in your new topic:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60420-converting-and-ready-to-transfer/&do=findComment&comment=593454

Thanks !