Wake on lan and other questions

c_g_f

c_g_f

Hello users and devs!

I have been using Kodi/Mysql for ten years or so. For the longest time I used 3 RPi clients in my network but recently (because of x265 format) I bought 3 aml devices (one s912 and two s905X) and I have also acquired recently an oled LG tv.

I tried Emby server a year and a half ago and I really liked it but there were 2 things that I didn't like:

1. The option to monitor the shares for new files for some reason didn't work for me. I had to manually scan the whole library and it would take super long because it didn't have the option to scan just one folder (one tv show) like mysql does... and actually I think the option still doesn't exit.

2. This was actually the deal breaker, no wake on lan (for the kodi addon at least).

Just by chance, while navigating the LG app store, I found the plex app in the most popular.. so I look for emby and to my surprise it was there. I decided to give Emby another chance, I've installed the portable server in a newly installed Windows 10 Pro x64, added my movies and tv shows and decided to do some testing.

Point 1 has been solved: it takes around 30 seconds for emby to recognize a new file in a share. Very happy with this!

Point 2 HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED:

a. LG App: the app would not wake my pc. And even worst, the pc would go into sleep during playback and of course playback would stop.

b. Android TV app: I have installed Nexus rom into one of my s905x devices. Installation and playback work fine but again, no wol and pc would go into sleep during playback.

c. Emby for Kodi addon: nor the native or addon mode would wake the server.

Maybe I have to configure something somewhere? if somebody can tell me where.. mysql wake on lan works just fine though.

I really like Emby and I'm considering getting premium if such a basic functionality as WOL is implemented. I have apps on my iphone that can even wake my server over internet (some port forwarding required but it works). I just don't understand how is it possible that devices on the same network can't.

I would love to use the Kodi addon in native mode. I hope somebody has found a way to do this.

a. LG App: the app would not wake my pc. And even worst, the pc would go into sleep during playback and of course playback would stop.

b. Android TV app: I have installed Nexus rom into one of my s905x devices. Installation and playback work fine but again, no wol and pc would go into sleep during playback.

c. Emby for Kodi addon: nor the native or addon mode would wake the server.

These apps don't have the wake on lan feature yet. The apps that have it are mobile android, iOS, and the windows store app. The others will be getting it over time.

@@Angelblue05, @ this would be a nice thing to add

PrincessClevage

These apps don't have the wake on lan feature yet. The apps that have it are mobile android, iOS, and the windows store app. The others will be getting it over time.

@@Angelblue05, @ this would be a nice thing to add

If WOL is being added across the board would it be possible to standardise that clients auto WOL if default server is not responding (same as old WMC clients used to do) rather than manual?

• 1 month later...
c_g_f

Still no update for wake on lan on other platforms? Wol on Androïd tv would be nice for starters...

Still no update for wake on lan on other platforms? Wol on Androïd tv would be nice for starters...

This is on the relatively short list.