Android Remote Play to Emby Theater problem

bls_fanatic

bls_fanatic

Hello,

Spring is here and I finally found the time to install my outdoor speakers.  With that comes the requirement to be able to remotely control the music that is playing since those speakers are connected to my HTPC and amp indoors.

I played around with the Remote Play functionnality from my Android phone to my HTPC running Emby Theater.  It works great.  The problem comes when I start playing around with the Add to queue or Play Next options.  The first song will usually play with no problem.  However, the 2nd or 3rd song in the queue will get stuck.  What I mean by that is that it enters a loop where is starts playing the song for 3-4 seconds, then restart the song, plays 3-4 seconds and so on.  I can see on the TV inside the Emby Theater playing 3-4 seconds, then the turning wheel comes up on screen for a second, then the song is restarted, plays 3-4 seconds, etc.

At this point, the Remote Play is broken.  I have to actually close the app on the Android phone and Emby Theater, restart them both to re-establish Remote Play functionnality.  I will be able to play a song or 2 and then the same thing will happen again.

Regarding the queue, it would be great to be able to see the current queue on the phone and be able to manage it.  I believe I read in another post that that feature is coming but for now the Remote Play seems to be more geared at playing whole albums or pre-built playlists rather than building a queue on the fly.  The feature to remote manage the queue will make it a lot more versatile I believe.

I am running Server Version 3.4.1.0 on Windows 10 and is GB wired to my router.  My HTPC is running Emby Theater 3.0.0 on Windows 8.1 and is connected to the router over 5Ghz WiFi with good signal.  My phone is running Emby for Android 2.9.92 on Android 8.0 and is connected to the router over 2.4 Ghz with good signal.  I am attaching the server log just in case.  Remote play started at around 21:04.

Just out of curiosity, when using Remote Play, is Android asking Server to push to Emby Theater?  Or is Android phone pulling from server and pushing to Emby Theater?  I am simply trying to understand the network flow.

Thanks

embyserver-63662198404.txt

Edited by bls_fanatic

This is strange. I haven't seen these symptoms but i'll do some testing. Thanks.