Live TV Recordings improvements

heula

heula

I have decided to use the native use of my HD homerun tuners within Emby instead of the DVBlink software and app.

I already discussed some things with Luke but I like to make some requests here in one topic.

- Update the wake timers for every serie recordings so the pc will be waken up every time a recording timer is planned. With the right rights because error 0x800702E4 is where it ends now in the task schedular.

(As a workaround I have set my own wake timers as a scheduled task that do work with admin rights)

- Give us the option to set a filename pattern. Showname - program date - program time (with different options for how the date will look like) - channel name - program subname - channel number - Channel name etc.

This way everyone can set the recording name as he or she want. Personally I don't like program subname that is added at some recordings now. like this for example "Pokémon 2018_05_18_01_45_00 - Op weg naar het Pokémon Kampioenschap.ts"

With these filename Pattern I can make it look like Pokémon .2018.05.18. RTL 4.ts

Like this for example

uC6G0K3.jpg

- Give us the option to add our own images for the series and schedule tabs in the Live TV screen.  The serie filed is by default portrait and the schedule field is by default landscape.

There are now landscape images where portrait images should be and vice versa. 

See also this topic.

- Make the recording icon directly visible after setting a series recording.

The recording icon is now only directly visible after adding a one time recording.

This works in version 3.4.1.11

- An Emby PVR client for Kodi would be nice. I know Marcelveldt had plans for this but it seems it has been cancelt?

I miss the option I can see what timers are set in Kodi. Liked that when using the DVBlink client in Kodi.

Maybe more to come  :D

Thanks in advance

Edited by heula
  • Like 4

otispresley

What about the ability to schedule recordings based on pattern match, similar to Tvheadend autorecs? That way, I could record everything with "Bachelor" or "Awards" in the title for my wife.  :D

What about the ability to schedule recordings based on pattern match, similar to Tvheadend autorecs? That way, I could record everything with "Bachelor" or "Awards" in the title for my wife.  :D

Please create your own feature request topic. This type of smorgasbord feature request topic with 10 different things is how requests get lost. Thanks.

• Like 1

Update the wake timers for every serie recordings so the pc will be waken up every time a recording timer is planned.

I don't quite follow this. What do you mean? We already make sure that a wake timer is set for all entries of a series recording.

Make the recording icon directly visible after setting a series recording.

Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

heula

I don't quite follow this. What do you mean? We already make sure that a wake timer is set for all entries of a series recording.

The scheduled tasks are not always correct. The first time it is mostly but for the next recording of the serie the timer is not updated.

See also this topic.

heula

Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

When I hit the red squared the record button only shows up after a while and needs a page refresh.

When I hit the green squared the record icon is directly visible in the guide.

E1e5Iwp.jpg

See also this topic.

heula

That's using the dvb plugin?

Both. With the dvb plugin and native use of the tuner.

heula

Perhaps it is possible to have the option to add a link to the Emby Timers in Kodi as long as there is no PVR Client yet.

There are links to Recording TV Shows and Recordings Movies so a link to the Timers would be nice to have as well.

7Irebfo.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by heula

• 3 weeks later...
heula

Ok yes i can reproduce the icon, thanks.

Is working fine in version 3.4.1.11

Diedrich

- Give us the option to set a filename pattern. Showname - program date - program time (with different options for how the date will look like) - channel name - program subname - channel number - Channel name etc.

This way everyone can set the recording name as he or she want. Personally I don't like program subname that is added at some recordings now. like this for example "Pokémon 2018_05_18_01_45_00 - Op weg naar het Pokémon Kampioenschap.ts"

With these filename Pattern I can make it look like Pokémon .2018.05.18. RTL 4.ts

- Give us the option to add our own images for the series and schedule tabs in the Live TV screen. The serie filed is by default portrait and the schedule field is by default landscape.

There are now landscape images where portrait images should be and vice versa.

See also this topic.

- Make the recording icon directly visible after setting a series recording.

The recording icon is now only directly visible after adding a one time recording.

This works in version 3.4.1.11

Yes!

Yes!

Yes.

heula

Is working fine in version 3.4.1.11

The same issue happens when canceling an episode off a series recording.

This is because sometimes an episode is a rerun of a previous episode and is seen a new episode.

When I see this I cancel only those episodes and not the serie itself.  

Perhaps you can take a look at this as well?

Thanks.

heula

Sorry what exactly is the issue? Thanks.

The disappearing of the recording icon in the guide after canceling a tv show (episode) of a series timer. 

One time timers do disappear right away after canceling.

Senna

With these filename Pattern I can make it look like Pokémon .2018.05.18. RTL 4.ts

This was already intensively discussed beginning from this post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57095-dvr-filenames/&do=findComment&comment=558456

I would also like this feature in Emby.