System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

rpgweb

rpgweb

Greetings,

Using Emby on a synology NAS for some time now, but lately i started getting the error "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

The Emby service stops by itself after some time. I am able to restart it on the synology, but eventually it will stop again.

The logs are attached below, any idea what's going on and how to fix this on a synology?

Thanks, have a nice day!

Server Log.txt

Log-unhandled.txt

Hi, try turning off the real-time monitor for your emby libraries and that should clear up the crashing.

rpgweb

Thanks Luke, i just turned off the real-time monitor. We'll see if it doesn't crash in the next few days.

is it just on synology?

Any ideas why the real time monitoring might suddenly be causing a crash? It worked well in the past months...

Edited by rpgweb

Unfortunately I'm not quite sure. It's coming from the mono runtime, which has been updated for Synology somewhat recently so that could be it, although it could also be a system update that the runtime isn't reacting very well to either.

rpgweb

Greetings,

Bad news, i disabled all the "real time monitoring" from my managed folders, but Emby stopped again last night :- (

Here are the new Emby logs from last night's crash.

I just enabled the debug log check box, so in a few hours i should get more detailed logs avail when it will crash.

Server Log.txt

Log-unhandled.txt

That crash is still related to the realtime monitor, so it looks like perhaps you may have disabled it for some of your libraries, but not all. Did you go through each of them? Thanks.

rpgweb

I have only 4 libraries, so i re-checked them all and the real time monitor is indeed disabled.

However, yesterday, i did not restart the Emby service after disabling the monitor.

Today, i enabled the Debug log and i did a service restart. I do not know if it is related, but Emby still havent crashed on my synology tonight...