MediaBrowser/Emby/releases

dgrigo

dgrigo

Hi, synology is handled a little differently using a repository that integrates with synology package center.

• 2 weeks later...
dgrigo

Ok, and how can we install when we experience plugin updates failure, and emby updates failure, without having to redownload 3 days the thumbs etc.

Well seriously my question should have been 

error
Check for plugin updates failed.
4 hours ago
Aborted.
error
Check for application updates failed.
4 hours ago

Aborted.

And all this started near 3.2 updates, something changed in server and from then on can't fetch updates at all.

Of Course i am on VPN, and I was always been, never had problems with updates for 2 years with 3 servers.

But lately i was searching forums, and there are huge ppl that have this problem, you suggested to do an

overwrite update to fix it without losing thumbs etc.

So i came here and asked for the synology offline updater.. to no avail.

So what we need to be do, except asking me to leave my VPN, as then it works (update wise)

Regards

dgrigo

Here is the latest, when i logged in server , did an update check, server passed, plugins failed.

and then got the log.

Thanks

Log.txt

Here is the latest, when i logged in server , did an update check, server passed, plugins failed.

and then got the log.

Thanks

All request from your machine to our admin domain are timing out and failing. It is mb3admin.com. You should make sure you don't have anything on your end blocking the connection. 

• Like 1

dgrigo
root@DiskStation:~# ping mb3admin.com

PING mb3admin.com(emby.media (2600:3c02::f03c:91ff:fe6e:540)) 56 data bytes

--- mb3admin.com ping statistics ---

22 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 21001ms

root@DiskStation:~# ping mb3admin.com

PING mb3admin.com (173.230.139.54) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from emby.media (173.230.139.54): icmp_seq=1 ttl=52 time=192 ms

64 bytes from emby.media (173.230.139.54): icmp_seq=2 ttl=52 time=192 ms

Hmm, was using ipv6 address although i have it disabled, as i use bonding, change the interfaces to standby and back again to adaptive load balancing, and when i pinged it used ipv4, strange! I will keep an eye to it !

Thanks Luke

• Like 1

dgrigo

Ok we were fast on this,

I have putty running and pinging as root the 173.230.139.54.

the server can pass check when i press refresh on the scheduler to check update, but plugins fails, also the plugin page takes very long time to refresh, and all plugins have no icons, the communication must not be the same server, is it?

can you check the log for the plugin updates?

Thanks

Konstantinos

dgrigo

Sorry, what exactly are you asking?

The server checks now for updates no problem, but when i press on scheduler to check for plugin updates its not working, i get error.

I have putty open and i am getting replies from mb3admin.com.

Plugin updates not working and the plugins page not showing any icons, just a plain folder.

I see an error on log "End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown"

Any ideas?

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x0003e] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[TResult].GetResult () [0x00000] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager+<GetAvailablePluginUpdates>d__58.MoveNext () [0x000bb] in <dda2bb1054094f54b9e8fb63c9feb8f2>:0

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

on the log as i checked now i see :

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x0003e] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[TResult].GetResult () [0x00000] in <9f46da0973534d9c8737c50aeebf5ecb>:0

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager+<GetAvailablePluginUpdates>d__58.MoveNext () [0x000bb] in <dda2bb1054094f54b9e8fb63c9feb8f2>:0

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

It's still the same timeout, as if something is just outright blocking the connection.

dgrigo

But keep in mind there are 2 tasks on scheduler, as it have a start button i press it and,

check for application updates works

check for plugin updates failed

• 2 weeks later...
dgrigo

just not working for plugin updates , another question related to repository not having emby packages, how we synology users can install beta then ??

Checked again the repository have beta packages for all except synology

dgrigo

just not working for plugin updates , another question related to repository not having emby packages, how we synology users can install beta then ??

Checked again the repository have beta packages for all except synology

By the way I do this question cause of Chromecast 2.0 output! the DTS to AC3 enabled as you said in another thread in beta6 ?  so how i can install the beta, if only the release is available in synology package center ?