Trailers with Cinema Mode Rarely Play

vze22jjw

purger500

are you able to browse the trailer channel and see trailers?

Yes I can browse them, and trailers play when play them manually.

purger500

Since he's getting trailers to play initially, I'm thinking all of that is okay.

purger - can you try selecting the option to only show unwatched trailers and then try.  Then, if no trailers play, try de-selecting the option again.  Be sure to save your changes each time.

Thanks.

I tried what you suggested and trailers don't play. Only thing that play before movie is custom preroll.

On your system trailers plays without any problem? If this is the case, I could try to reinstall EMBY server from scratch and test this thing again.If problem will be present again, I could take a video that will show you exactly behavior that I am experiencing.

Does the same emby user playing on your android tv also have access to the trailer channel?

purger500

Does the same emby user playing on your android tv also have access to the trailer channel?

Yes. I am experiencing the same behavior on my android tv and on the web app.

If you go into the Trailers channel and mark everything as unwatched.  Does that make any play?

purger500

If you go into the Trailers channel and mark everything as unwatched.  Does that make any play?

I have just tried that, trailers don't play.

I have reinstalled my server from scratch. Movies played trailers (cinema mode) but after cca 20-30 trailers played, they don't play anymore. And i didn't see any trailer played twice.

It is like trailer once played never play again, and I think that is the problem.  

vze22jjw

I would like to re-introduce the trailer links being created as not resolvable. My experience which is a bit different than what’s been discussed recently, where new/different trailers are chosen to play but links don’t work. I’ve disabled till I can get a workaround.

vze22jjw

I've found that the cinema mode trailers rarely play before the start of main feature.  In my case rare is that 2 out of 10 times a trailer will play without intervention.  Thanks to an app improvement there is a workaround to get to main feature as there is dialog box asking if there is problem with playback.  There are far too many times that trailers don't play due to links that do not resolve for trailers.  Some examples from logs:

http://cdn.movie-lis...ouseeme2720.mp4

http://videos.movie-...action_hero.mov

Sorry, its been sometime since my original post but the examples from my initial post on this topic where I reported that links to the trailers in Cinema Mode don't resolve when I check logs and attempt to visit via a web browser like Chrome. Is there any update on fix/workaround?

We don't even have those trailer links anymore so i'm wondering why they're not getting cleared out of your database. can you try removing the trailer plugin, then running the channel refresh scheduled task as well as the library scan scheduled task? then install the plugin again. please see if that helps. thanks.

vze22jjw

Thanks for providing these steps.  I found that when I delete the trailer plugin the channel refresh is no longer available to be run as scheduled task. I however did the following:

• delete the plugin
  • restarted
  • run task scan library
  • reinstalled plugin
  • restarted
  • ran internet channel refresh

After this I get same behavior.  Trailers don't not play. Below is link that was constructed from trailer attempted to play from logs that does not resolve:

http://cdn.movie-list.com/hd/13hoursb720.mp4

I found json file that stores all the trailer links and this trailer link looks to be:

https://cdn-mlst.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/hd/13hoursb720.mp4

which does play in browser.  Is there some other program cache I could clear?  Any other debug log I could provide?

• 2 months later...
vze22jjw

After some fiddling I wanted to provided steps that worked for me on getting the old trailer links not to play:

1. Shutdown emby server
  2. I renamed the library DB file and moved to backup location
    1. This steps will wipe all current media metadata that was in DB, most noteably in my case, favorites and play counts
    2. Library file can be found here on Windows C:\Users\my-user\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\library.db
  3. Rescan Library and refresh Internet Channels tasks

Results while drastic did provide me with the result needed so far. Disruption to the favorites, play count and Suggestion are not ideal.  I have some followup questions:

Is there anyway to restore just play counts and favorites from a backup, without information that may pertain to the "bad" trailer links? 

Have I lost DB linking to the older backups with their references in the DB?

Should delete all backups older than the date I took this action?

• 3 weeks later...

I have latest version of the server and Emby on my Sony Bravia A1 tv but when i go to the trailer tab on my tv, it just says 'loading' and nothing shows up.

I have latest version of the server and Emby on my Sony Bravia A1 tv but when i go to the trailer tab on my tv, it just says 'loading' and nothing shows up.

Hi.  Do you have local trailers or the trailers plug-in installed?