Trailers with Cinema Mode Rarely Play

vze22jjw

vze22jjw

I've found that the cinema mode trailers rarely play before the start of main feature.  In my case rare is that 2 out of 10 times a trailer will play without intervention.  Thanks to an app improvement there is a workaround to get to main feature as there is dialog box asking if there is problem with playback.  There are far too many times that trailers don't play due to links that do not resolve for trailers.  Some examples from logs:

http://cdn.movie-list.com/hd/nowyouseeme2720.mp4

http://videos.movie-list.com/classics/last_action_hero.mov

Are there any settings I can change to have trailers work more often? Can I download trailers ahead of time from some weekly list? I really enjoy this feature when it works.

So the net issue here is not with the app or playback but that the links to the trailers that exist in the items are bad...?

Those urls are very old and shouldn't be used anymore so that's why i was asking about the server version.

ToyContinuum

I have the same issue

Emby server Version 3.4.1.0

Emby AndroidTv 1.5.88g

Trailers play in poor SD quality and now are not playing at all before movies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
purger500

I have the same issue, cinema trailers don't play before the movie, only custom intros plays.

At start, cinema trailers were played, but after some days and testing it seems that Emby server remembers what trailers have been watched and don't play them any more.

Maybe it is a bug, I don't want some trailers to play only once, but as long as there are "new in cinema".

Also I have discover that some trailers don't have genres at all, and some have genre category "action and adventure", My movies don't have this category, but separately Action or adventure.

purger500

Cinema trailers don't play before the movie, only custom intros plays. At start, cinema trailers were played, but after some days of testing it seems that Emby server remembers what trailers have been watched and don't play them any more. Maybe it is a bug, I don't want some trailers to play only once, but as long as there are "new in cinema". Also I have discover that some trailers don't have genres at all, and some have genre category "action and adventure", My movies don't have this category, but separately Action or adventure. 

This issue is not relates only to android tv but to web app also, so I guess that is server related issue.

Edited by purger500

it seems that Emby server remembers what trailers have been watched and don't play them any more. 

Hi.  There is an option on the server under the "Cinema Mode" settings to control this.  How is it set?

purger500

Hi.  There is an option on the server under the "Cinema Mode" settings to control this.  How is it set?

Hi Ebr. You mean "only play trailers from unwatched content"? This setting is unchecked.

5b27d63cf3b50_cinemamode.jpg

purger500

Trailers play only if I enable option "includes trailers from movies in my library", but this is not that I want. I want trailers from "new and upcoming movies".

purger500

OK I have finally found movie that play trailers. I have tested few times and it played trailers (from the new and upcoming movies). After few times (4 or 5) trailers don't play anymore, just custom preroll.
This is exactly behavior that I encountered at beginning of testing. Many movies played trailers before main movie, but that stopped. I don't no why.
Could you check my log file?

embyserver.txt

The server log doesn't tell us much unfortunately as we can't see what intros were/weren't selected or why.

I don't think we really have any logging that can reveal that at the moment...

purger500

OK, I really hope that you will find the bug. Cinema trailers "from new and upcoming movies" is very nice feature and I wish that it works.

Thanks for your help. 

purger500

Can you discuss an example of a movie that didn't get any trailers played?

Yes of course, per example: Mercy (2018), Lodgers (2017), Pacific rim: Uprising (2018), Tomb Raider (2018), The Losers (2010), etc... (almost any movie on my system don't get any trailer, I have more than 1300 movies in my library)

As I mentioned: I have tested few times and it played trailers (from the new and upcoming movies). After few times (4 or 5) trailers don't play anymore, just custom preroll.

So, if mentioned movies get trailers on your system, please try few times and they will stop to get any trailers (cinema). It seems to me that this movies "spent" or "depleted" their trailers, and there is no more trailers to play.

Edited by purger500

I have tested few times and it played trailers (from the new and upcoming movies). After few times (4 or 5) trailers don't play anymore, just custom preroll.

In those few times when trailers do play, do you ever see the same trailer play on more than one playback?

purger500

In those few times when trailers do play, do you ever see the same trailer play on more than one playback?

I think not, trailers are always different. Although I can't find any movie which will get trailers anymore.

Movies get trailers only if I setup trailer from movies in my library (local trailers). Then particular movie gets the same trailer (in 80-90% attempts).

Since he's getting trailers to play initially, I'm thinking all of that is okay.

purger - can you try selecting the option to only show unwatched trailers and then try.  Then, if no trailers play, try de-selecting the option again.  Be sure to save your changes each time.

Thanks.