strange behaviour when clicking the return/back button on remote

vangeliis

vangeliis

First of all can I say how impressed I am with the Shield TV/Emby app combo. Worth every penny. Even subtitles work flawlessly. Not to mention the HD audio passthrough.

I've noticed a little glitch when I pause a film and then hit the back button on the remote to go back to the film menu.

The first click on the remote is ignored. The second click causes the glitch. For a split second the film menu page appears, then disappears, the TV screen goes black for a second or two and then the film menu page appears.

Anybody else have noticed this? Not a major issue but it would be nice to correct.

I'm running the latest Emby Android TV app (1.5.66g) on a Shield TV with the latest firmware.

Setup: Shield-->AVR-->Samsung TV

Edited by vangeliis

Q-Droid

Do you have "Enable Refresh Rate Switching" checked in the playback settings on the Emby client app? If so try different options like "Exact Refresh Rate" on/off and rate switching on/off. Mine does the same thing with rate switching enabled.  Shield -> Sony TV. I think it's the Shield or the TV going black when changing the refresh rate.

• Like 1

vangeliis

In your opinion what’s the best settings to avoid this without compromising video quality?

CBers

In your opinion what’s the best settings to avoid this without compromising video quality?

I leave the Refresh Rate setting off and let the TV handle it.

• Like 1

Yeah, changing the display mode on your monitor will cause it to shut off for a second or two.  This is normal.

I agree with others that you should try without this option checked and only use it if you find it is truly necessary.

vangeliis

Turning Refresh Rate off fixed the problem. Thank you all for the suggestions.