Ignore default audio track not working

paulogeneses

paulogeneses
Hi.

After updating to 3.4.1.0, regardless of what I choose as my preferred audio language (in config --> user options --> playback --> audio settings), all my players are ignoring it and always play the default audio track (in my case, pt-br).

I tried to reset this option, but problem still remains.

Anyone having same issue?

Am I doing something wrong?

PS.: this option always worked fine before the update to 3.4.

5afa0ccf7195b_2018051419_21_24PlaybackSe

Keep in mind that track selections are remembered on a per-video basis, so more than likely it is working, it's just that you're not taking into consideration the remembering feature.

In order to accurately test this, you need to play a video you've never played before.

paulogeneses

Hi, Luke. Thanks for answering.

I think remembering feature is not working for me as well, since I change the audio language during playback and, if I stop and play again, the audio language changes back to the default (not the one I selected before).

Ex.: I have Captain America - Civil War (dual audio). I go to the web interface and I click the movie banner to access its details...

5afa25b5970ab_2018051421_02_19Emby.png

5afa25ddcf819_2018051421_06_56Busca.png

5afa25ff58f8a_2018051421_08_42Emby.png

paulogeneses

Tests:

1) A movie that I never played before. Same issue... the playback starts with the default audio language, ignoring my settings.

2) A movie I already watched (I watched with audio language set to english, before the upgrade to 3.4.1). When I tried to play the movie again (5 minutes ago), the audio track was set to the default (pt-br). I had to change manually to english. In this case, when I stopped and resumed the movie, the audio language was set to english, so the remembering feature worked, but I was forced to manually set the audio to english at least once.

PS. 1: I made this tests with Android TV app (Mi Box). 

PS. 2: This is really annoing when I'm watching a TV Show. For every episode that starts playing, I am forced to manually change the audio language.

Edited by paulogeneses

paulogeneses

Found it!!!

It was driving me crazy, but I finally was able to address the problem.

It's a bug in the file MediaSourceManager.cs, as you can see below:

5afa4484711a3_2018051423_09_38EmbyServer

I changed it and tested here.

It worked perfectly!!

Saddly, I don't know how to send a merge request to the github (I'm not a member of developers team).

Is it possible to inform the developers so they can validate and apply the fix?

EDIT: opened an issue in github (https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/issues/3273)

Thanks!

Edited by paulogeneses

BTW - what you did in your first screen shot is not going to change the selected language on next playback.  You would have to actually play the item (not back out of the detail screen).

paulogeneses

BTW - what you did in your first screen shot is not going to change the selected language on next playback.  You would have to actually play the item (not back out of the detail screen).

Yes, thanks! I was confused of what was really happening until I read the code.

In fact, the problem was not about ignoring the setting in default audio language at all... turns out that my subtitle language preference is set to pt-BR, so, because of that line in the code, the audio language too was always prioritizing a track in pt-BR (not the default, as I thought).