Improve LiveTV Guide

Sammy

Sammy

Goes without saying but the Emby epg needs some enhancements such as a mini guide and having it function better on Roku and Tizen but I am hoping the Emby Team, @@Luke @@ebr can work with @@garyan2 of epg123 fame to improve the data displayed in the guide.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Femby%2Emedia%2Fcommunity%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F56254-EPG123---Now-provides-XMLTV-data&share_tid=56254&share_fid=77624&share_type=t

TIA!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sammy

Look to WMC for an example. 10 years on it is still the best. Emulate it the best you can.

Have full epg functionality in all apps, including a miniguide and ability to change channels without exiting the current program stream.

Add in more data which hopefully @@garyan2 can assist in parsing for Emby. Include long program descriptions.

Improve speed. WMC loads lightening fast and is 10+ year old technology.

I for one am willing to chip in a few more dollars for better LiveTV.. seriously!

Thanks Again!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sammy

A lot of things in the data presented that can and should be fixed are in this post. The long description would be nice too. Searching alternate showtimes to schedule future recordings and by similar genre and actor/actress is good to have too.

Additionally, a mini guide while the LiveTV stream is playing, with the ability to change channels from that guide and from using the Up / Down Direction. YoutubeTV accomplishes this in a round about way because not all remotes have channel up and down and/or not all devices support it. What they do is you push the down direction which brings up the OSD of the timeline and other settings (Emby does this) and then you press the left direction arrow to get to the channel name, click the select / OK button in the center of the Directional Keys and up pops a mini-guide through which you can scroll up and down to see what's on on adjacent channels to the one you're viewing. Then when you see what you like you press OK and it changes channels. This is similar in nature to the miniguide that WMC has had for years but takes a couple more steps because the player may not support all the same buttons that the WMC or CableCo STB does for navigation.

Next, the guide is slow to load. WMC is much "snappier". Maybe the next Emby .net release will tackle this issue, with faster load times?

• Like 1

Just FYI, this is not a great approach to a feature request topic, for a couple reasons.

For one, the title is too vague and therefore both developers and users can't get an idea of what you want based on the title alone. Combining lots of different things into a single topic makes it more difficult for both users and developers to evaluate them independently. it will be much easier for everyone involved if you can open one specific feature request topic for each improvement you'd like to see. Thanks !

• Like 1

FYI - the on-screen guide with channel changing does exist now in the Android TV app and will be coming to other apps as well so you don't need to spend a lot of time on a feature request for that.

Thanks.

• Like 3

Sammy

Thanks @@Luke and @@ebr

I will write out separate FR's for each thing but in general, the data displayed in the guide in Emby is not all the data available to be displayed. I really think that @@garyan2 can assist with that if he has the time. At any rate, stay tuned for more specific feature requests.