Coverart, anyone seen this before?

jbclarke

jbclarke

5332ef24327c5_errormb3.png

So the box set treatments end up squashed, all of them at that size. Random movies are only showing the top left corner and some are fine. They appear this way in both the server and all clients.

I've tried deleting the cache folder, refreshing and choosing new images, choosing different treatments in the cover art plugin, enabling/disabling the aspect ratio option in coverart ...

Not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

Alan.

Unfortunately, some of the graphics processes used by CoverArt do not scale properly when the system font level is something other than 100%.  I think this is the cause of the partial cover you are seeing.

On the box set cover, what does the original folder.jpg in that box set look like?  What shape is it?

jbclarke

680x960 for the example above (all Hallows Eve). folder.jpg looks ok aspect ratio wise to the naked eye, but the above image is one example among hundreds. Random covers for movies in my entire collection are like it; at an estimate, 200 out of 650.

All of the boxsets are squashed and small (look fine in MBC though). Folder.jpg for all of the boxsets was (strangely) 400x600. Again look fine aspect ration wise, but to be sure, I've just changed some of them to 1000x1500 sized images. All the boxsets remain smaller and appear the same regardless of the original folder.jpg size.

So are you basically saying I have two choices?

Either go through my collection and change the images in the affected movies to more consistent sizes (which won't fix the boxsets it seems).

Or change the system display back to 100%?

As I say, this has been fine for months, only the past couple of weeks have things changed :(

Edited by jbclarke

The fix for the partial cover is probably the font size.

If the box sets look fine in MBC, then that is probably just a display problem in the web client.  The actual treated image is probably correct.