Movie Titles beginning with a # are not appearing in views

DNM
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Just loaded

Emby Server 3.4.1

All movies which start with a ## symbol, i.e., 2 Guns, 12 Years a Slave, 2012, etc. are not being displayed.

First movie appearing is 50/50 (assume due to “/“ in title)

Happy2Play

Hi, where exactly are they not appearing? @@Happy2Play can you reproduce this?

Sorry all beta and stable (nfo and xml metadata) systems display properly.

Running on a Qnap...neither Web UI nor IOS show these movies.

Are the missing movies found via search?  Do they appear in Metadata Manager?

Sorry all beta and stable (nfo and xml metadata) systems display properly.

Are the missing movies found via search?  Do they appear in Metadata Manager?

Not found via search. Have never used Metadata Manager.

However, selecting Collections Icon in High Level groupings (not within Movies ALL) does display the Movies. Happy2Play appears to be using Windows...Note this is 3.4.1 on Qnap.

post-20326-0-10213100-1526166146_thumb.png

Happy2Play

There is quite a library issue for you if they are appearing in Collections view.  What is the path for the Collections Library (Dashboard-Library)?

There is quite a library issue for you if they are appearing in Collections view.  What is the path for the Collections Library (Dashboard-Library)?

See scrnshot:

1st folder was included when the “New” Collections (DB-Lib) appeared with the server update. Under ...data>collections are only folders with Name [boxset] > collection.xml.

I added 2nd folder...one of the two which are in Movies ALL Library. This folder contains all of ## missing movie files + many others with no leading #...which are included in both views. Missing in this result (see prior png) is 50/50 (it is in other folder not added, hence expected not to be included).

It really appears that the problem is the viewer is just not displaying those results...## name.

post-20326-0-00804000-1526173460_thumb.png

Happy2Play

So are you saying you have your movies library in Collections and Movies or just added the path to Collections?  I don't believe media will display properly if added to Collections (would have to test this scenario).  The Collections view limits what it displays.

Very odd

Refreshed the first page of the Movies ALL listing...12 Years a Slave appeared...no others.

Did a restart of the Emby Server...no change same as above...only the 1.

Happy2Play

Do you have a Movies Library or only folder added to Collections?

So are you saying you have your movies library in Collections and Movies or just added the path to Collections?  I don't believe media will display properly if added to Collections (would have to test this scenario).  The Collections view limits what it displays.

Collections (Library) was newly added when I upgraded to 3.4.1. I really did not understand how to use so I added an additiional path (location of most of my movies) to what was already there ...data>collections..., thinking I needed all of the movies listed in that library so then I could easily pick which to include in a collection. Obviously, that was incorrect thinking.

I can now delete that path if you agree...Hopefully this will fix the problem. If not, then I will have no way to see those movies with leading # and thus play.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Collections (Library) was newly added when I upgraded to 3.4.1. I really did not understand how to use so I added an additiional path (location of most of my movies) to what was already there ...data>collections..., thinking I needed all of the movies listed in that library so then I could easily pick which to include in a collection. Obviously, that was incorrect thinking.

I can now delete that path if you agree...Hopefully this will fix the problem. If not, then I will have no way to see those movies with leading # and thus play.

Just tested adding a library to Collections and it creates issues as there is no metadata provider for content added and clicking on the media provided empty folder.  So yes remove the added library folder, then perform another library scan.

• Like 1

Do you have a Movies Library or only folder added to Collections?

For clarification: Movies library is named “Movies ALL” to indicate to me that all sources are being aggregated. Previously I had several movies library...1 per source + 1 aggregate. Do not think I had this problem.

Currently: I just added the 1 major source as a new library...to see if it would display the #. Still scanning, but doesn’t appear to.

Just tested adding a library to Collections and it creates issues as there is no metadata provider for content added and clicking on the media provided empty folder.  So yes remove the added library folder, then perform another library scan.

Will do...in middle of scan (as above) now. When I do the delete, it will then take 30-35 min for new scan. Will post results by 8 pdt.

Happy2Play

For clarification: Movies library is named “Movies ALL” to indicate to me that all sources are being aggregated. Previously I had several movies library...1 per source + 1 aggregate. Do not think I had this problem.

Currently: I just added the 1 major source as a new library...to see if it would display the #. Still scanning, but doesn’t appear to.

What your library structure?

Can you post a server log.

Will do...in middle of scan (as above) now. When I do the delete, it will then take 30-35 min for new scan. Will post results by 8 pdt.

No problem

WooHoo

All are back!

@@Happy2Play. Thank you so much for all of your help.

For further edification: While scan was running I checked on raw data in the Movies folder. NFO’s which had previously been present were wiped out...new NFO’s were created.