Folder name

jjmorab

jjmorab

If you create a second serial folder with a different name from TV, would the content still appear on TV show or would you create a new container?

Hi there, can you please describe this a little more? Create a second folder where exactly?

jjmorab

I would like to create a second series of television series that contains only vintage series, but I would like the series contained not to be found in the TV show container but in a separate part on the home page

tdiguy

I think i get what you are trying to do.

You have emby recording tv series under a folder now and you want to set up another folder for a seperate tv series that will also not show up under the first one.

Totally possible. You will simply create a new library, be sure to select tv as the type and then point it to the correct folder.

I actually do something similar. I have multiple tv series that i had dvd's of and they are in a folder i simply name TV Series and all my other tv series recordings are under the folder series. Just make sure emby has access to the folder.

ulrick65

I think i get what you are trying to do.

You have emby recording tv series under a folder now and you want to set up another folder for a seperate tv series that will also not show up under the first one.

Totally possible. You will simply create a new library, be sure to select tv as the type and then point it to the correct folder.

I actually do something similar. I have multiple tv series that i had dvd's of and they are in a folder i simply name TV Series and all my other tv series recordings are under the folder series. Just make sure emby has access to the folder.

I think it will also depend on the client you are using though, right?  For me, I have 6 different libraries.  In KODI (which is what I used on a couple of TV's) it combines them all into one.  If I use the Web Browser, I can turn that on and off...I can show them all in one, or I can split them out.  There might be a way to do it on KODI, but I have not tried (I prefer them all in one).  \

My point is, once you have multiple libraries doesn't it depend on the client as to how they are shown?

tdiguy

I think it will also depend on the client you are using though, right? For me, I have 6 different libraries. In KODI (which is what I used on a couple of TV's) it combines them all into one. If I use the Web Browser, I can turn that on and off...I can show them all in one, or I can split them out. There might be a way to do it on KODI, but I have not tried (I prefer them all in one). \

My point is, once you have multiple libraries doesn't it depend on the client as to how they are shown?

That I am not sure of, I guess in a way I am a emby purist all my devices use an emby app.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ulrick65

That I am not sure of, I guess in a way I am a emby purist all my devices use an emby app.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I use Nvidia shields.  I just tried the Android emby app and it works great...just not as configurable as KODI.  KODI with the Titan Skin on Nvidia Shield is just fantastic if you like to play around and customize stuff.  Using the Emby for KODI plugin works like a charm....other than the initial scan of the files, it is seamless.

Thanks.