(Some) Movies with alternate editions missing from collections?

Traxxus

Traxxus

Majority of collections are fine, including self-made collections. But there are some that just will not show up in the collection they should be in, they do show up in the library itself. This is the 3 LoTR movies, 2 of the Star Wars movies (4 and 6), and Hard Target. Collection ID is present in the metadata and correct/matches up with the id in the collection itself and on TMDB. I've tried manually adding them in, refreshing metadata, locking, unlocking, removing the movie from the share entirely and adding it back, deleting collection and regenerating it, nothing has worked except for one thing, but then it disappeared again. All these movies have alternate editions, and they do follow the proper naming format.  

https://i.imgur.com/7V6Hu7m.png

https://i.imgur.com/0zxvc3E.png

What did work was moving the files off the disk, and moving them back with just the primary movie itself, and not the alternate edition (extended editions for LoTR, despecialized editions for Star Wars, NC-17 for Hard Target). The only thing I did after that was copy the alternate editions over again. Since then in the past couple days, they have disappeared again. Star Wars Ep 5 also has the despecialized edition, and does show in the collection, so it isn't all.  

All 3 log files from today included, one is pretty large so they're rar'ed, sorry for that.  Edit: Nvm, not allowed I guess, here's the 2 smaller ones.

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63661703753.txt

Edited by Traxxus

Traxxus

Edit: Permissions issue? You can probably skip this first part, going to leave it just in case I'm wrong.  

Yes, they are grouped and selectable. 

I'm focusing on fixing LotR for now, Star Wars seems to have sorted itself out. I've been experimenting a bit, even with just one in the folder it seems like it's having a lot of issues getting data at all for these specific movies. I deleted the movies and collection. On a fresh import, new scan, just the EE's. It only scrapes the basics, no TMDB ID, no collection ID, a crappy 200x300 poster with no more results in poster search, no tagline (eg One ring to rule them all), no producer, no actors, etc. I tried identifying the movie using tmdb id (120) and came back with no results, it does work for a couple other random movies I tried. I used TinyMediaManager to fill out the info, artwork and the rest (I don't normally use it, haven't in a long time), and now all that shows up, including collection ID, but the collection still isn't being created after a library scan and autoboxset trigger, and doesn't show up in the drop down in Add to... dialog.  

I tried adding them to another random collection for giggles, it did work. I created the LotR collection myself, tried to ID using tmdb id, got no hit, used the name, got a hit, it grabbed the artwork and it finally shows up in a collection. With a bonus frak you of having the tmdb id it failed to id with. I may just skip adding the theatrical back, I'm never going to watch it anyway. We'll see if it sticks. Star Wars has been fine since last weekend.

Hard Target multi-version still exhibits the anomalous behavior, I haven't touched it yet. 

====================================================================================================================

Decided to glance through the log, saw this. 

2018-05-19 05:42:10.655 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.4.1.0
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Unix 4.14.35.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: /config
    Application directory: /system
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/config/cache/tmdb-movies2/122/all-en.json' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
       at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)
       at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.SerializeToFile(Object obj, String file)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<DownloadMovieInfo>d__29.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<FetchMovieData>d__7.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<GetMetadata>d__6.MoveNext()
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<ExecuteRemoteProviders>d__42.MoveNext()
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException
       at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
       at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)
       at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.SerializeToFile(Object obj, String file)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<DownloadMovieInfo>d__29.MoveNext()
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<FetchMovieData>d__7.MoveNext()
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.<GetMetadata>d__6.MoveNext()
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.<ExecuteRemoteProviders>d__42.MoveNext()
    InnerException: System.IO.IOException
    System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

122 is Return of the King.

Here's a couple pics of the permissions for that one and a different one, also the folders. I don't know what any of this means or how to fix it if this is the problem. This is running in a docker on Unraid if that matters. Looks like this is a wider issue, I just noticed with these movies because of the collection problems.

https://i.imgur.com/cDmtnfC.png

https://i.imgur.com/DomkjOL.png

Edited by Traxxus

• 5 weeks later...

@@Traxxus, it sounds like at the time the collection was created by AutoBoxSets, some of the movies did not have their Tmdb Id or Tmdb collection ID value set.

Does this make sense?