Recording channel?

serpi
Go to solution Solved by pünktchen,

serpi

Hi,

when using Kodi for Emby, how can I integrate the (new) recordings channel?

At the moment, I'm using the really great Embuary skin on Kodi Krypton, but I don't think, this is skin specific.

The user has access to the channel in web and ET, but I'm not able to add the recordings to the home screen in Kodi.

How can I do this?

Thanks & Ciao, Alfred

pünktchen

You'll have to use EmbyCon (from the Kodi Emby Beta Addons repo) for this.

sualfred

Yep, and you don't have to drop your Kodi for Emby configuration. Just setup EmbyCon next to it and use it as additional source.

Edit:

Or do you use a native Kodi PVR and you are searching for a way to display the recordings node directly right out of Kodi like you access it via menu -> pvr -> recordings ?

Edit 2:

If yes, I've implemented it for the Kodi integrated PVR clients in the upcoming version

TKN6uDWh.png

Edited by sualfred

serpi

Yep, and you don't have to drop your Kodi for Emby configuration. Just setup EmbyCon next to it and use it as additional source.

Edit:

Or do you use a native Kodi PVR and you are searching for a way to display the recordings node directly right out of Kodi like you access it via menu -> pvr -> recordings ?

Edit 2:

If yes, I've implemented it for the Kodi integrated PVR clients in the upcoming version

TKN6uDWh.png

I know about EmbyCon, but it seems, the stable version (Kodi repository) doesn't support channels and I don't want to go the beta channel, as this would also install the beta version of Emby for Kodi, which gave me some problems in the past (well, it's called beta for a reason).

So it seems, I have to wait until Emby for Kodi or EmbyCon (stable) will support channels or is there a way to install the beta EmbyCon without including the other parts of the repository?

But it's great, that you integrated this (really like the skin!), I'm also using the Kodi integrated PVR (I'm using NextPVR with Emby and Kodi), as there is no way to get Emby LiveTV to Kodi, but I would like to have the recordings channel from Emby in Kodi, so that the watched status etc. would be shared.

Thanks & Ciao, Alfred