Emby 3.4

nuttyclarks

nuttyclarks

I am fairly new to running Emby on a FreeNas system.  I was wondering what the normal lag time is to get the latest version of Emby (currently 3.4)?

Is there a way to upgrade outside of the gui plugins?

Hi @@nuttyclarks. The Freenas package is currently maintained by @@josh4trunks so it's just a matter of when he's able to get to it.

In the future we hope to be able to have a package for download on our website that you can install manually but I'm not yet sure when that will happen. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
hjason7812

Hi @@nuttyclarks. The Freenas package is currently maintained by @@josh4trunks so it's just a matter of when he's able to get to it.

In the future we hope to be able to have a package for download on our website that you can install manually but I'm not yet sure when that will happen. Thanks.

he needs to hurry because emby has stopped working.. i can't turn it on under plug ins anymore it comes up saying some kind of error occurred. i even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still the same..  please let him know thanks

zmediaserver

@@hjason7812 - I'm running 3.3.1.0_1 and it's running fine, so I think you may have an issue unrelated to the updates. But, I second your comment about getting FreeBSD updates rolled out quicker, we're several months behind at this point, it seems, and that's causing issues (mostly of convenience) with my plugins. I might just migrate to a Windows or Linux OS instead.

However, I definitely appreciate @@josh4trunks hard work keeping the FreeBSD port alive and functioning as well as he has thus far!

MRobi

I am fairly new to running Emby on a FreeNas system.  I was wondering what the normal lag time is to get the latest version of Emby (currently 3.4)?

Is there a way to upgrade outside of the gui plugins?

he needs to hurry because emby has stopped working.. i can't turn it on under plug ins anymore it comes up saying some kind of error occurred. i even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still the same..  please let him know thanks

@@hjason7812 - I'm running 3.3.1.0_1 and it's running fine, so I think you may have an issue unrelated to the updates. But, I second your comment about getting FreeBSD updates rolled out quicker, we're several months behind at this point, it seems, and that's causing issues (mostly of convenience) with my plugins. I might just migrate to a Windows or Linux OS instead.

However, I definitely appreciate @@josh4trunks hard work keeping the FreeBSD port alive and functioning as well as he has thus far!

FreeNAS is moving away from the old warden jails/plugins and into the newer iocage jails. There's a great set of instructions posted here and on the FreeNAS forums for manually creating an iocage jail and manually installing emby. You can follow through step by step and get the absolute latest version of Emby in the newer future-proof jails. From there you can manually update quite easily (there's also instructions posted on here just a few topics down on how to do it) and always keep up to date without waiting on someone else to update the port.

When you say latest version, you mean just up to 3.4.1, right? Because anything beyond that will require mono 5.4+, so that means starting with the next stable release you're going to need to pay attention to that.

PhilWhite

A quick, easy thing to try is to go to the jails section of Freenas and click on your jail (probably emby_1).  Look at the bottom of the screen and click on the terminal to start a terminal session inside the jail.  Enter service emby-server start and see if that starts Emby.

Another option would be to restart the jail -- hit the yellow restart icon after you click on the jail in case something happened to the jail itself.

The GUI for the warden jails has been a little iffy for the past few updates.  Hopefully it will be fixed when they finally migrate to all iocage jails.