Collections related crashes

Feinga

Feinga

Ever since I've upgraded to 3.4 and then also 3.4.1, Emby keeps crashing for me on collections.

This happens both on the creation/library syncs for collections as well when browsing collections.

So far I have read in the forums here that 3.4.1 was supposed to contain fixes, that there is an infinite loop due to recursion problems etc. None of that has been the case for me. At least I did not create any collections manually. I also do not have the autoboxsets plugin installed.

Long story short, I don't want to use collections anyway. Before 3.4 I just removed that library folder. Now since upgrading to 3.4 it keeps coming back by itself and thus also creating this problem.

Is there anything I can do to figure out what is causing the crash (there's nothing visible in the log, I just see the segfault in dmesg) or get rid of this collections feature/folder?

• 1 month later...
darrenj

Just rebuilt my Emby server to Unbuntu 18.04 LTS and installed 3.4.1.0. This issue is happening for me as well with the Collections feature. I tried a couple of the suggestions about removing Auto Boxsets and the Collections folder and then doing a full scan but it keeps crashing the server every time I go to Collections.

Edited by darrenj

darrenj

Hi Luke,

This is all the Emby logs since rebuild which is only a couple of days. If you want any other information ,let me know.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure this crash is coming from the cover art plugin. You can remove it for now to confirm. It is resolved for the next update to the plugin, but you won't actually get that update until the next release of emby server is available.