Subtitle issues

Rocky1992

Rocky1992

I've just made the transition from plex to emby and would love to stay cause it works absolutely flawlessly with kodi. I love this app EXCEPT for on my LG TV

My LG Smart TV does not have the option for Kodi - is there another alternative player that has a emby plugin available? cause i am not having much success with my anime library

Subtitles are never supported it seems and it wants to continuously transcode my anime to burn the subtitles in which causes a stuttering playback. If i have the subtitles extracted first then applied to the anime if i fastforward or rewind the subtitles are completely out of sync.

Another anime simply wont open unless it is force transcoded because of the subtitles. Is there any plans to add better subtitle support in the future? or any workarounds i could potentially use to avoid the unsynced mess of video/subs?

Messy ish post, please let me know if it needs more clarity, happy to provide files for testing.

Thank you! :) 

SamES

When you say 'If i have the subtitles extracted first then applied to the anime if i fastforward or rewind the subtitles are completely out of sync', how are you extracting them and into what format?

Rocky1992

The option inside emby, i'm letting the server handle it but its not handling it well at all when i FF or RW

5af57e75cd96e_image.png

SamES

I think this is only for text based subs.  PGS/Graphical subs will always need to be burned in via transcoding.  Your options are to try and find text based subs in opensubtitles or use a tool like Subtitle Edit which extracts the subs using OCR to create a text based version with timings to match you files.

Have you looked at the Open Subtitles option in the server setup?   Once you create an account, you can search for subtitles using the 'Edit subtitles' option on a file using the '...' menu

Emby for LG 1.07 has just been released. Stay tuned to the Emby blog for the release announcement. Please try it out. Thanks !