Movies library changing sort doesn't work

psybertech

psybertech

Hi there.

I saw the announcement that a new update was out for ATV4K so I figured I'd check it out (I don't use it as I use FireTV all the time, but am curious since I am about to show my brother the ATV version to get him to use it).

I am on version 1.2.05. I am not sure if that is the current version or not.

When I go to my movies and then go to sort, it never changes the option I select. It stays on title>ASC.

It doesn't appear to even try. The sort selection doesn't change to what I show. Everything just stays the same.

Am I on the new update? Anything I can check or do?

To be fair, I haven't rebooted or anything. I just hopped on and asked.  :unsure:  

Thanks

J

corey

Hi @@psybertech

I’m one of the Apple TV developers. You do indeed have the latest version.

We haven’t seen this behavior through our testing. Can you confirm that in your movies library you see the default of “name <up arrow>”? When you select this button do you get a menu to choose a sort option followed by another menu to choose the sort direction (ascending / descending)? Finally once you get through these screens are you saying that the button stays as “name <up arrow>” and the library isn’t sorted?

This is a bit tricky to troubleshoot. One option would be to provide server logs for the time period where you’re trying to sort the library. Another would be if you could invite me (guest access) to your server so I could try if myself and see if I can isolate the problem.

Thanks for providing the additional information.

psybertech

Hi @@psybertech

I’m one of the Apple TV developers. You do indeed have the latest version.

We haven’t seen this behavior through our testing. Can you confirm that in your movies library you see the default of “name <up arrow>”? When you select this button do you get a menu to choose a sort option followed by another menu to choose the sort direction (ascending / descending)? Finally once you get through these screens are you saying that the button stays as “name <up arrow>” and the library isn’t sorted?

This is a bit tricky to troubleshoot. One option would be to provide server logs for the time period where you’re trying to sort the library. Another would be if you could invite me (guest access) to your server so I could try if myself and see if I can isolate the problem.

Thanks for providing the additional information.

Hi there, Corey.

I can confirm the Name^ is the default. Then clicking it opens a list of options (by the way, very cool to see things like budget and revenue!), then selecting a sort option pops open a choice for ASC or DESC.

And while writing this reply, I opened the library to confirm everything, and while typing this part, well, it works. It just takes 10+ seconds or so to apply the sort.

There is no spinner to show its working, so I assumed it wasn't when I was checking things out.

Sorry about that.

FYI... my movies library is large (about 5K).

So that said, can you add a spinner when changing sort options? :) haha... sorry for the request now! :)

It works. I was just impatient.

You can close this.

Thanks!!!! (please add spinner tho! :P)

J

Edited by psybertech

corey

That was going to be my next question! I’m glad to hear it works and we’ll log a feature request for a spinner as part of a future release.

Thanks for writing back!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
corey

@@psybertech --

We just pushed a new release of the tvOS app and it should show a spinner now on sorting and filtering in the movie library only if the action takes more than 1 second.