Would like to use Emby; Many questions

johnny_swindle

johnny_swindle

Hello....

I am considering Emby and here is my current setup:

Multiple Kodi boxes (17.6) using a shared MySql database.  All media is setup according to Kodi recommendations (Movies, TV, Music, Photos).  All Kodi boxes use NPVR to play live TV and well as record items to a NAS.

What should I do in preparation for installing Emby to my setup/Kodi boxes?

Thanks...

Johnny

Angelblue05

Hey there,

First you'll want to setup your emby server. Then choose your metadata settings.

Then add your libraries to your emby server (with network paths in optional network folder if needed). Your content will be added to emby using your selected metadata settings.

Once everything is to your liking, then you should backup your kodi profile. Install emby for kodi, point to your server and the add-on should do the rest. It'll sync your emby content to kodi (tv, movies, music videos, music --- still working out a few scenarios but should work for the most part). Choose add-on playback for simpler setup that'll work out of the box. Choose native playback if you are certain of how your path should be to work in Kodi.

You can copy the profile over to your other kodi setups. But if you do, you need to flush the device id in the emby for kodi settings > advanced > generate a new device id on each setup you copy your existing emby for kodi setup. Oh and this works with one emby user per kodi profile.

Hope this gets you started.

• Like 1

johnny_swindle

Thank you for the advice.........

Do I need to worry about the MySQL database and NPVR or just forge ahead?

Johnny

Hey there,

First you'll want to setup your emby server. Then choose your metadata settings.

Then add your libraries to your emby server (with network paths in optional network folder if needed). Your content will be added to emby using your selected metadata settings.

Once everything is to your liking, then you should backup your kodi profile. Install emby for kodi, point to your server and the add-on should do the rest. It'll sync your emby content to kodi (tv, movies, music videos, music --- still working out a few scenarios but should work for the most part). Choose add-on playback for simpler setup that'll work out of the box. Choose native playback if you are certain of how your path should be to work in Kodi.

You can copy the profile over to your other kodi setups. But if you do, you need to flush the device id in the emby for kodi settings > advanced > generate a new device id on each setup you copy your existing emby for kodi setup. Oh and this works with one emby user per kodi profile.

Hope this gets you started.

Angelblue05

Backup your Kodi profile. Then remove your mysql setup.

I can't speak for live tv. You'll have to do a search on this forum to see how to set it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05