Movies won't show on all clients after 3.4.0.0 update

Jambercob
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Jambercob

Our emby server has become unusable and unreliable since the 3.4.0.0 update when involving movies. I have removed all traces of emby server and then did a fresh install (3.4.1.0) and restored all the settings via Backup. After a full day of scanning it appeared to be working but that only last maybe 5 minutes or so.

I know for sure that this affects the Web client, the Roku client and the android client.

When logging into the server all TV Shows work without issue. If you select Movies or any Library that is considered Movies, It will not show anything. It says 0 of 0 and if you try to use the By Letter option, initially you will see the letters and then they start to vanish.

Server Log Attached for anyone who can help me fix this. Much appreciated!

embyserver.txt.txt

Jambercob

Hi.  Please try updating to 3.4.1.  Thanks.

ebr, I am on 3.4.1.0 after doing the fresh install.

Is there a chance that the emby backup restore caused me to just migrate the issue over to the fresh install? This is using the Backup plugin within emby.

• Solution

Possibly, it just depends on how old your previous installation was.

My general recommendation when restoring is not to restore library setup and instead set the libraries up manually. Then use backup restore for things like users, user data, etc.

• Like 1

Jambercob

Possibly, it just depends on how old your previous installation was.

My general recommendation when restoring is not to restore library setup and instead set the libraries up manually. Then use backup restore for things like users, user data, etc.

I'll give that a try Luke, the server install would have been years old actually. I noticed when I did the fresh install the directories for the server files had changed. That's why I was wondering if the backup restore was an issue. I also noticed in the server log some directories it was looking for didn't exist anymore. Weird that it only affected the movie libraries though, tv shows have been working fine.

I'll report back with the results.

Thanks!

Jambercob

Didn't bother restoring anything from the backup. Grabbed the portable version of emby this time and just created a 75GB ramdisk and reconfigured it manually. I've never seen it load so fast on the clients before  :P ...the power of ram!

Thanks for the replies guys!