Previous Episode

tuvx

tuvx

I noticed there is a Previous Episode button when viewing an episode of a TV show:

5af3acf246703_PreviousEpisode.jpg

However, it only appears on Episode 1 of a series, to jump to the last episode of the previous season. Any reason why the button is not available for all episodes, along with a Next Episode button?

tuvx

Right, that's how I would expect to navigate in the details screen.

I would think it "confusing" to users that you change the button layout on only 1 episode (why not the last episode too?). While i like your design and feel it is easily navigated, I would think it more logical to add a row for Seasons like is on the show's main page; allowing you to switch seasons.

I think the best design would be a previous and next season tile at the beginning and end of that episode list but we just haven't gotten that sophisticated with it yet.

The previous button pre-dates the entire episode list being there so I didn't want to remove it until we had a better option.

Thanks.

tuvx

Yes, that is a good idea too, but instead of buttons to jump seasons, maybe adopt the Netflix idea where the scroll contains all episodes from all seasons, and you are just positioned on the scroll for the episode opened. Of course they have the vertical scroll (which I feel is by far better than the new horizontal craze every media app seems to have adopted, but thats another discussion), but same idea of a continuous scroll.