Statistics pages loading full-size images

computerprep

computerprep

When I visit the Statistics movie list non-text based, all the images it loads seem to be the original full-size images. Inspecting the code, it looks like only a small change would let the server render smaller images like our library views do to save on bandwidth for both the server and the user.

Something related that I didn't realize until I looked closer... trying to load the image-based movie list hogs so much bandwidth that other browser tabs and devices aren't able to get any responses from the server. As soon as I close the movie list tab on one device, all my other test devices start loading server pages properly.

So in addition to rendering smaller images, the image-based view really should only load images on-scroll instead of all together with the initial page. I might not have said that with the proper lingo, but I hope you get my drift. Show the first 10 rows of images, and load empty boxes for the rest. Other boxes load their respective images on scroll. @@Luke... has this non-paginated image loading ever been discussed for library views? It would come down to personal preference, but I would prefer something like this along with the alphabet picker instead of the paginated views.