3.2 -> 3.4 upgrade

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

Sitting on 3.2 and planning to upgrade to the latest stable this weekend, but I've seen rumblings of things being broken.  Is it overall safe and these issues 1-offs?  I use all the premiere features.

The only issues are related to attempting to switch from our legacy install package to our new one.

Guest plexman

0 issues for me on 3.4.1.0 (neither on 3.4.0.0 had any problem). Running smooth and stable.

chali

The only issues are related to attempting to switch from our legacy install package to our new one.

are you releasing the update for ubuntu 16,04 server?

im getting request to update in emby but ubuntu can't see any update.

trifleneurotic

Hi chali-

My understanding is that there should be one there soon but keep in mind that that avenue of installs/updates has effectively been deprecated.

You can either wait until they get the repo updated (although when that happens is up in the air) or do an uninstall of the package after backing up your data directories and install the newest DEB file.

But I will defer to Luke :)

-gabe

Edited by landgazr

It's not that we turned it off or deprecated it. The build for the OBS repositories is not working at this point due to changes in the latest server. So that is why it's basically sitting still right now as I didn't want it to hold up the new server release.

Banjo

Sitting on 3.2 and planning to upgrade to the latest stable this weekend, but I've seen rumblings of things being broken.  Is it overall safe and these issues 1-offs?  I use all the premiere features.

I went 3.2.50.0 -> 3.4.1.0 a couple of days ago with no issues.  Can't say I use all of the Premiere features but I use some.

I'm using the Docker build.

• Like 1

lunix33

I did the update form 3.3.1.0 or something to the newest 3.4.1.0.

Your should not have much problem doing the update, but if you see an error when you try to run library scan, try to run the following command:

```

#> ln -s /var/lib/emby /var/lib/emby-server

```

Between the old and newer version a key folder in the `/var/lib` directory seem to have been changed, therefore by linking them you can continue to use emby without purging your installation. (or at least it work like a charm for me)