Issue of LAN IP changing - unable to stream

hockeyhound4

hockeyhound4

I have used Emby for 2-3 years with no issues. I am not 100% sure why I am having an issue now but it's to do with my LAN IP changing.

Basic Setup:

I have my internet plugged into Motorola cable modem (Surfboard SBG6580), ethernet cable running from modem to wireless router (TP-Link AC1900) internet port, ethernet cable from router to computer. The only other thing I have is an Ooma Telo. I have an ethernet cable running between Ooma/cable modem and also Ooma/router (using 1 of 4 LAN ports).

Everything works except Emby, so that leads me here. I have strong Wi-Fi, I can stream Netflix, Youtube etc... with no issues. The VoIP works fine with Ooma.

The Problem:

If I unplug everything and restart my router, the LAN address is 192.168.1.1 which is normal. This is the address that comes up in Emby when I first start it. At first I can use Emby on my Roku 3 and it works fine, then 15-30 minutes in it fails. I restart Emby app on Roku but it won't load again. I return to Emby on my PC and the LAN IP address has changed to 172.27.35.92.

After a bunch of research, the default address of Ooma is 172.27.35.1 - so I do suspect Ooma to be causing this. I unplugged Ooma completely and Emby worked fine.

I realize this could be more of an Ooma problem but wondering if anyone here can give their suggestion. Any help would be great.

Log file attached, the log file was HUGE even for 1 night, so I copied only half of it.

Thanks.

Hi, I would suggest using your router to set a static ip address for your machine so that it will never change.

If you don't do this, you can still use Emby, it's just that whenever the IP address changes you may need to go through the connection process in the app all over again. You can avoid this by setting up a static IP.