Nfo not in movie folder

onewaytrigger

onewaytrigger

Hi, has something changed on the location Emby saves .nfo for movies?

it took me a while to figure out that my movies weren't get imported to Kodi because that were no .nfo at all on their folder. Artwork is donwloaded to movie folder, the metada is retrieved with no issues but the .nfo files are being stored n other location I guess.

Happy2Play

Hi, has something changed on the location Emby saves .nfo for movies?

it took me a while to figure out that my movies weren't get imported to Kodi because that were no .nfo at all on their folder. Artwork is donwloaded to movie folder, the metada is retrieved with no issues but the .nfo files are being stored n other location I guess.

If the options is not enabled metadata is only written to database.  Options have been moved to library level .  Dashboard-Library-click on each library (there is a advance settings switch also)

onewaytrigger

If the options is not enabled metadata is only written to database.  Options have been moved to library level .  Dashboard-Library-click on each library (there is a advance settings switch also)

You mean the 'Metadata savers'? Because it was already ticked. It's ticked for the TV shows as well but for TV shows the .nfo is being stored on the folders.

Edited by onewaytrigger

Make sure emby server has write access to the movie folders.

onewaytrigger

Make sure emby server has write access to the movie folders.

Is there an option I should check on Emby? Not sure if it's the case , if it were some write access issue the artwork files wouldnt be stored on the movie folders like they are.

I just made a test:

I copied an 'system' folder from an ol Emby instalation to my actual Emby folder, made all process of adding some movies. The .nfo files were created on their folders just fine but, when i checked them with notepad++ a lot of field weren't filled on the .nfo files such as IDs, plot, titles, etc... it's driving me crazy!

Edited by onewaytrigger

Try refreshing one of your  movies and see if that causes an nfo to get created.

onewaytrigger

I just tried on the 3.3.1.0 (if I recall correctly) on my old Windows 10 PC. The .nfo were created with no issues.

So I tried to import those movies on my PC running the latest stable (fresh install). The .nfo's are are ignored by Emby, it download all the metadata again.

And no, any changes made by refresh or manual edit are stored only  on Emby's db.

onewaytrigger

They are not ignored, sorry. Why would you think that?

One of the movies I imported to the old Emby Server didn't get idenfltified correctly, so I had to enter the correct TMDB ID and refresh metadata. The changes are stored on the movie's .nfo.

When I imported this movie to the latest Emby Server it misidentifies the movie again. This let me guess Emby is not only not creating .nfos files, as I initially tought, but it's not reading .nfos files if they already exist.

Edited by onewaytrigger

Ok we'll need to look at specific examples along with server log files as this is starting to turn into a bit of a guessing game.

• Like 1

onewaytrigger

Ok, just tried to add the same movie that were misidentified earlier, not sure if Emby read it's .nfo or just picked the right ID, any changes made on it's metadata is not stored on it's .nfo file tought.

Here's a screenshot just to demonstrate the issue of .nfo files not being created

5af395f5605a1_Untitled.jpg

Here's the log from last session when I imported the two movies

embyserver-63661498530.txt

Ok this is actually an error to save the nfo due to the incredibly long runtime reported, which is much higher than expected.

I can fix this for the next server release to stop the error from happening, but is your video file actually that long?

• Like 1

onewaytrigger

I can fix this for the next server release to stop the error from happening, but is your video file actually that long?

You mean 1.9 century long? No  :lol:  BTW I think this long length issue happened to others movies I added too.

Edited by onewaytrigger

Strange. It is coming up correct as 1 minute for me. What is your system locale set to?

onewaytrigger

Default? AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server

Edited by onewaytrigger

onewaytrigger

I could confirm it's something on my end. As I tried the beta Emby Server and the issue persist while I tried the same version on other machine and had no issues at all, right duration reported for all video. This issue affects the tv shows episodes too as the duration is wrongly reported.

Anyway I don't have any clue on what may be causing this problem as both machines runs Windows 10 Pro 1709 64 bit, same files scanned, same external HD, same Emby Server version, etc

Is that other machine also set to Portuguese (Brazil), Country: Brazil?

onewaytrigger

Initially yes, but when I tried the Beta I set it to US English on both and default setting for everything