Lost Content After Router Change

neutronspin

neutronspin

Hello,

I just installed a new router and my FreeNAS server wasn't picked up by the new router.  I opened the the server console on FreeNAS  and tried to start the Emby Plugin and it would not start.  So I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it.  Now I can start the plugin and it restarted fine.  I opened the server from the Emby app but all my content is gone.  It seems that it can't find the content on the server or the configuration for my live tv.  I am a Premier member and use the Live TV.  Did it kill the connection from the Emby jail on the server?  What can I do to restore my content?  The Emby jail is shown to be running with an assigned IP on the FreeNAS server.  How can I restore the content and the account on my apps?  Any help appreciated.

One more thought.  if reinstalling the plugin killed the existing jail do I need to reconfigure the jail dataset by adding path again to content?  I believe I did this initially when setting up the original jail.  Thanks.

Edited by neutronspin

Hi, if you uninstall, doesn't that mean the jail is wiped out and therefore you need to start fresh?

neutronspin

Hi, if you uninstall, doesn't that mean the jail is wiped out and therefore you need to start fresh?

I think the files are still there but it looks like I lost the jail configuration which is the add storage, path to files and destination data for the jail....I wish I was better at FreeBSD or FreeNAS...I hate the GUI and configuration.  But it appears when you delete the plugin the jail needs to be reconfigured and dataset mounted again.  Also there is a checkbox in the config for IPv4 DHCP.  Does this mean it should be checked?....Anyhow it looks like I may have to reconfigure the jail storage setting again and data paths source and destination.  Perhaps some FreeNAS folks can offer some tips to help.  I ran Emby on another server (Synology) and never had this problem after adding a new router.

neutronspin

Correct....I had to start fresh... :( ...bummer....but my new EdgeRouter was worth it....works like a charm....thanks for the memory refresh... :)

Diedrich

Correct, you need to set up Emby again. Did you have have the config being backed up to a dataset? Did you have your metadata being stored outside of the jail?

neutronspin

Correct, you need to set up Emby again. Did you have have the config being backed up to a dataset? Did you have your metadata being stored outside of the jail?

No on both....Didn't know you could do the backups. :unsure:  Does this make it easier to restore Emby after what happened?  If so... could you kindly point me to information to do this?  It would be a great help...thanks...BTW I am mostly a newbe on Linux or BSD (FreeNAS)....

Diedrich

No on both....Didn't know you could do the backups. :unsure: Does this make it easier to restore Emby after what happened? If so... could you kindly point me to information to do this? It would be a great help...thanks...BTW I am mostly a newbe on Linux or BSD (FreeNAS)....

I run FREENAS as a file server but I don't run Emby on it, I run Emby on a Windows machine. What advice I give is strictly an assumption based on my experience with jails and FreeNAS.

Yes, the config backup would have brought you back up to all the previous settings. Subscribing to Emby Premiere allows you to install the Backup & Restore plugin to backup your Emby config. In FreeNAS you would need to set up storage for the jail so that it points to a dataset/folder where the config can be stored.

You will also need to set up storage for the jail to access your media.

If you need more specific answers, feel free to PM me.

neutronspin

I run FREENAS as a file server but I don't run Emby on it, I run Emby on a Windows machine. What advice I give is strictly an assumption based on my experience with jails and FreeNAS.

Yes, the config backup would have brought you back up to all the previous settings. Subscribing to Emby Premiere allows you to install the Backup & Restore plugin to backup your Emby config. In FreeNAS you would need to set up storage for the jail so that it points to a dataset/folder where the config can be stored.

You will also need to set up storage for the jail to access your media.

If you need more specific answers, feel free to PM me.

Great....I am a Premier member so I will install the plugin and see if I can make it work.  It will save me the trouble of setting up my configuration.  I suppose if I changed servers it would help to preserve my setup as well.  If I run into any speed bumps installing the plugin or setting up jail I will PM you.  I really appreciate the help....thanks again....

Robert

• Like 1