'ServerWMC Recordings' display settings still not quite right

d00zah

d00zah

Server v3.4.1.0

ServerWMC plugin v1.1.5.0

ServerWMC v1.0.0.62, build: 1250

Updated server & plugin to latest this morning.

Unchecking the 'Display on home screen' option DOES remove the 'ServerWMC Recordings' library tile from the home screen ('My Media' section of webUI/EMC),

post-10374-0-44525400-1525722213_thumb.jpg

However, it seems to ignore the 'Display in home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching' option & only displays 'Latest  ServerWMC Recordings' on the webUI home screen when 'Display on home screen' is also checked.

post-10374-0-07508600-1525722228_thumb.jpg

I expected that hiding the library tile in 'My Media' would NOT affect the 'Latest...' display. Have I misinterpreted this?

Also note that stuff recorded last night, before updating Server/plugin, does not display Season/episode/thumb detail like even older recordings (last displayed... X-Files), even after running  full library scan/refresh guide tasks.

Thanks for this, tho... you're SO CLOSE!!! B^)

Current behavior is correct. What we will do is update the screen to hide the second and third check-boxes when the first one is unchecked.

Having a checkbox that says "Display on home screen" - the average user expectation means they will expect to not see the library at all on the home screen. I apologize if this isn't what you want, but the fine granularity of these settings is starting to get a little nick-nacky here. It's getting to the point where we have to start asking, do you want things to work, or do you want lots of settings and things that only work half the time depending on what is checked.

d00zah

Current behavior is correct. What we will do is update the screen to hide the second and third check-boxes when the first one is unchecked.

Having a checkbox that says "Display on home screen" - the average user expectation means they will expect to not see the library at all on the home screen. I apologize if this isn't what you want, but the fine granularity of these settings is starting to get a little nick-nacky here. It's getting to the point where we have to start asking, do you want things to work, or do you want lots of settings and things that only work half the time depending on what is checked.

As long I can remove the library in my EMC acc't, & work around this behavior in the webUI with custom CSS, for my admin acc't, you've satisfied personal requirements. Just reporting in case it was a bug.

We're good. Thanks, Luke!

d00zah

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually, can you speak to the 'Season/episode/thumb detail' display issue before I completely let you off the hook? B^) Why do last night's recordings display with less detail than older stuff?