MInor bug I think...

mobamoba

mobamoba

I run Emby behind a reverse proxy so unchecked the "Allow remote connections to this Emby server" in Advanced settings. However, on the Dashboard, Emby shows Remote (WAN) access: http://www.MYDOMAIN.com:8096 when shouldn't it really be showing Remote (WAN) access: DISABLED or something?

If you just changed it, try restarting the server. I would leave the checkbox enabled though otherwise emby server won't report an external address to emby apps.

mobamoba

I changed it a few days ago and have restarted multiple times since and it's still there. What's the difference between disabling remote access entirely and running it behind Nginx and clicking the "Reverse Proxy" setting and running it behind Nginx? Is one more efficient than the other or something?

pir8radio

I changed it a few days ago and have restarted multiple times since and it's still there. What's the difference between disabling remote access entirely and running it behind Nginx and clicking the "Reverse Proxy" setting and running it behind Nginx? Is one more efficient than the other or something?

You will want remote access enabled...   If your proxy is setup correctly the dashboard will show "remote" addresses of your users even though they connect through nginx.    If you check that emby would say NOPE and not let them connect because the ip is not local to your network.   If your proxy is setup incorrectly emby will think all connections are from your local network and that check box would not break anything.

Enable remote access, doesn't open some backdoor to allow remote connections, it just looks at the connecting IP's and says either "yea your on the LAN" or "No that ip is outside of this local network"