What does 'coming soon' mean?

adrianwi

adrianwi

I switched from Plex over 6 months ago now, and one of the reasons was this statement on the website 

Download your media to your smart phones and tablets for easy offline playback. Supported on Android and Windows. Coming soon to iOS.

6 months seems a pretty long time in anyone's definition of 'coming soon'?

OMG :o I just found this thread and it would appear that it has been coming soon since April 2016?  Over 2 years?  Really???

Edited by adrianwi

The feature is in beta right now.

We know it has been too long but it really should be "soon" now.

adrianwi

You really shouldn't advertise something as 'coming soon' if that means 2+ years  :wacko:

extensive

You really shouldn't advertise something as 'coming soon' if that means 2+ years :wacko:

If you frequent the forums get used to their very loose interpretation of "soon"

We don't use the word soon anymore, ever. We made that mistake in the past regarding this feature. 

Right well that was not written recently I think it was just forgotten there. In any case since the feature is in beta there's no need to change it now.

extensive

We don't use the word soon anymore, ever. We made that mistake in the past regarding this feature.

You just used it numerous times in the SSL bug thread.

You just used it numerous times in the SSL bug thread.

The problem may not have been resolved for everyone, but I said we would have a new release soon and we did that.