Improvements to nested collections

Deathsquirrel

Deathsquirrel

I'd love to use nested collections but I need two things to make it workable.

1. If I nest a collection inside a collection and I've used the option to group movies into collections I should no longer see the sub collection in my movie list unless I look in the new parent collection.  For example:

I create the Captain America Collection and the Marvel Cinematic Universe Collection.  Then I add the Captain America Collection to the Marvel Cinematic Universe Collection.

I don't want to see the Captain America Collection unless I pop into that Marvel collection.  As-is all nested collections does is increase the amount of scrolling I have to do when I browse my movies.  This is not desirable.  There could also be a separate option for this instead of triggering it off of the group movies into collections.  I just need this option to ever use nested collections.

2. Nested Collections should show mixed in with the movies in the collection, not in a 'Other Items' section below the movies.  Using the example above, I want to see the Captain America collection between the Avengers Collection and Doctor Strange, not down at the bottom below the movies without sequels.

Nested collections could be a great way for me to reduce the number of items I have to scroll through when browsing movies with these changes.  Right now I'm sitting here deleting a dozen collections I created in the excitement of finding out this went live because I can't use it.  It makes my experience worse.

• Like 8

Diedrich

I have created a new Collection B which is nested within Collection A.

With the new nested Collection B, I would like to have the option to hide it from the "All" /web/movies.html page and "Collections" /web/movies.html page.

• Like 1

Diedrich

Totally agree on all points. Sorry I didn't find this before posting the same request.

P.S. I have some poster art I made last night that I think you'll love! I'll post here later tonight.

Edited by Diedrich

• 1 month later...
Diedrich

Any progress to the issues in the OP? It’s quite distracting to see these issues when browsing the collections.

Not at the moment. This is really a niche feature and the original intention was just to allow you to group them, which you can. To do all of these other things is going to require more complex changes and there are other more important areas in line ahead of it.