Emby Samsung App

midn8t

midn8t

I was just curies, 

when play movies thro samsung TV ap,  alot of them that are more then 700 Mbs end up having to buff partly through the movie but instead of buffing it just dumps app to main menu in the App showing the movie and resume feature and then it never seems to resume.

the windows 10 app does not seem to have any issue nether does running just playing the movie via windows media player.

so it does not seem be issue with the file, also  it does not seem to be issue with the network.

FrostByte

What model TV and what is the version of app you're using?

Also, if you could provide logs for the timeframe when it crashes and the mediainfo from the webclient for that movie.

Is it transcoding?  Include those logs also if it is.

FYI I play a lot of high bitrate 4K movies which Direct Play and work fine, but I can probably try and force a transcode to see what happens

midn8t

I have the samsung smart tv UN50MU6300

well it seems be issue with parts for example

gangs of new york is in two parts

dune is in two parts

the one god father movie has two parts

so in movies folder

Gangs of new york inside this folder is

gangs of new york part 1.avi

gangs of new york part 2.avi

the app seems to not show any of the avi or movie files in folder, just a play button so i can not pick between two folders

and then onces id done playing part 1 it does not auto start part 2 it will ether lock up or it just boot out to main menu

also the app does not seems to play Video_TS folders which are one to one copys of dvds and blue ray videos

it ends up having same issue as when you play parts.

but biggest issue is the fact that there no ability to see files in movie folders that you can play it relay be nice to see a list of AVI or video files in movie folders and be able to pick between them it also is big hassle with tv shows right now.

where is  example  how that is setup

Tv show name - folder

season 1 name - folder inside 

Ep 1.avi

Ep 2.avi 

and I have no ability to pick which ep inside season 1 i want to play - it only allows me play the first one  and wont go on to second or give me ability to pick the second one.

I am thinking about reinstall media center and then running emby media center app for it because it seems to be far better then the Samsung version of the app- I do not have any of these issues with that version media center version of emby or ill have to install kodi cuz that works better also it seems.

Edited by midn8t

midn8t

Possibly naming scheme,  Does the same happen in web client?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming#split-video-files-file-stacking

I think that might have fixed it..   

M:\Movies\Frank Herbert's Dune (2000)

Frank Herbert's Dune (2000)-cd1.mp4

Frank Herbert's Dune (2000)-cd2.mp4

it shows that one now, 

I was just calling it Frank Herbert's Dune (2000) part 1.mp4
Frank Herbert's Dune (2000) part 2.mp4

I was thinking it just show a list of files in folder no matter what name is. like kodi and media center does.

before guess ill have to try go through my 600 some files and see if there are others need changing also

Edited by midn8t

Happy2Play

You should just need to remove the space, part1 and part2.

CBers

Have you thought about merging the PARTS into 1 file?

It would make life easier for you (and Emby).