Roku Can’t determine the next items to play

Ocracoke Island

Ocracoke Island

Getting lots of “Can’t determine the next items to play” on episode then going to another series and click play next and same error.

I have totally reinstalled Windows 10, Emby 4 times, the message goes away for a time then creeps back. If you keep clicking on play, play next the videos do eventually come up. Deleting the Emby database, having it rebuild it, fixes the problem for a while.

My IPad using the browser doesn’t seem to have the play back problem.

I have the lastest Windows, Emby, and Roku TV firmware, 8.0.0 build 4183.

User Mark

Debugging file sent around 2:50 PM est. had to figure out how to post this....after sending log file via of (Roku).

Hi thanks for the report. As soon as @@ebr sees this he'll help get you squared away. Thanks.

Hi.  The log you sent does not have a playback attempt in it.  Can you please cause the problem and then send the log?

Thanks.

Ocracoke Island

Will do, I need to record a few more episodes to get the problem again.

Interestingly, I get it with the Play All, going to the Next Up, or the Seasons seems to clear up the problem, just playing a second or two and Play All works. This is the problem now, previously played don’t want to fail... will send as soon as it comes back.

Mark

I'm pretty sure what we'll find is a time-out trying to retrieve the next up episode.

Was your server maybe in the middle of a library scan when you were having these problems?

Ocracoke Island

Sorry for the long delay, have managed to get a really nasty cold and sour throat, been sleeping a lot..

No, I thought that too, a server database update or scan might be the problem, but, it repeats when all is quiet, no schedule stuff running. I even told my antivirus to ignore all Emby directories and processes as I thought it might be getting in the way, slowing things down, getting me a timing problem. When I last reinstalled I left out Roku thumbnails add on and this was the last thing I did before I noticed the problem, just to remove it from the equation.

Here is an interesting pattern below..as a side note....it is odd how hard it can be to figure out how to break something.. this seems to do it....clicking too fast, I have a bad habit of this as I am testing out Emby and DirectTV Now( trial) to dump a well known over priced fiber company, so, not really watching these two yet seriously, so impatiently jumping around to see how well things are working. There seems to be a correlation.

A pattern?

If you click on a series recording with multiple episodes, you get the first spinning wheel logo, it goes away. the backgrounded "Play Next Up, Play All, Shuffle Play", etc, comes to the foreground to be clickable; clicking too soon on Play All, as soon as the buttons become available, while the second spinning logo wheel is still running over the "Next Up" panel seems to get me the "Can not determine items to play".

I can go back in, click on the series, wait for all the spinning to stop, the show seems to come up with a Play All.

To submit a log via of Roku, I go into the user setup on the TV app to Enable Debug Options, turn it on, when does the Send Log ICON show up next to Setup, Exit, Search?

Do i need to go back to Settings and turn off the log first to stop the log file?

I sent you a useless one last time... want to try to get it right..will also test for the problem with the new version that just came out.. thanks...

the next time it happens again please also attach the emby server log, thanks.

Just re-start the app after changing the debug setting and the option will be there.

But, your description confirms the issue is that the server is being slow with the next up query.  We've had a few reports of this with the new version of the server and I believe it is being addressed in beta.  Thanks.