3.4.0.0 does not ignore hidden folders anymore

PeteMB

PeteMB

When I updated to 3.4.0.0 from 3.3.1.0 hidden folders were added to the library, it seems Emby does not ignore hidden folders anymore. Placing an .ignore file in the folder still works.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you were able to get the .ignore file going.

justsomebody

I noticed this, too. Was it intentional (and therefore permanent), or will it be fixed? Personally, I'd prefer that it ignore hidden folders as it always did - or at least have an option for it if it's a permanent change.

rhodges

Not just folders, but ignore hidden files. I found that was the source of my problem that I had. I thought it was a file name parser, but it now includes hidden files. I have some anime where they used the linked files for the opening and ending credits. I had them marked as hidden and in previous versions this worked well, but now they are seen and parsed.

PeteMB

@@Luke will this be fixed in a future release? I tested 3.4.1.0 and 3.4.1.5 beta and still the same problem. For me this is a real showstopper and restored my backup of 3.3.1.0. I have too many hidden folder all arround my library, it will take too much time to copy .ignore files all arround my library.